No HAP? This must be April fool, right?

dirtyjohn_lv
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: Resolume 4.2 Released - Smoother and Faster

Post by dirtyjohn_lv »

Touch Designer 077 = no hap support
Touch Designer 088 = supports hap
VDMX 4 = no hap support
VDMX 5 = supports hap (vidox develop both)
Resolume 4 = no hap support
Resolume 5 = not released but will most likely support hap

See a pattern? Most software companies only add new decode engines on major version releases.

Even a huge company like Adobe waits until a major version change to add/drop some codec support. I don't understand what makes this a hard concept. :?

Have you even tried DXV3 against HAP yet?

Programfeed
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Programfeed »

weezhum wrote:What is the Is key in the advanced output Output Transformation window under the Slice Name????
Certain broadcast video equipment uses a dedicated input for alpha channel. This addition to Advanced Screen Setup allows you send a slice's processed alpha as a separate output. So it's asking you if that slice is a key (alpha channel) or not. Off by default since a lot of people will never need it. Super cool feature if you do.

weezhum
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by weezhum »

Programfeed wrote:
weezhum wrote:What is the Is key in the advanced output Output Transformation window under the Slice Name????
Certain broadcast video equipment uses a dedicated input for alpha channel. This addition to Advanced Screen Setup allows you send a slice's processed alpha as a separate output. So it's asking you if that slice is a key (alpha channel) or not. Off by default since a lot of people will never need it. Super cool feature if you do.

Thanks so much!! I appreciate it.

Christoph
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Christoph »

Sounds promising! I didn't really get to testing the new version, but tried installing arena on a macbook and a windows laptop and avenue on another windows machine. On both windows machines i got an error message "17f0: Arena.exe - System Error" "The program can't start because freeglut.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."
When clicking "ok" arena is working but i was wondering if someone else got the problem.
greetings,

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Yeah, this is the Pixels in Space plugin being a little greedy. It was patched around 16 hours after the initial release. If you downloaded before then, you can just re-download the patched installer and re-install. Then you won't receive this error message anymore.

bryerkerk
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by bryerkerk »

This update is so awesome! It allows me to focus on content and creativity then worrying about how many clips I can fire! You're awesome Resolume!

emilesteginga
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by emilesteginga »

I read that you fixed the Mac QuickLook plugin to show DXV thumbnails and previews in Finder. Is this for all OSX? I am now still on Mountain Lion because of this annoying problem.

dun_panic
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by dun_panic »

Joris wrote:What matters is your output screen's refresh rate.

If your computer is directly connected to a display running at 50Hz, 25 fps would indeed be best. But if you're connected to a PAL mixer via a dodgy converter running at 60Hz, Resolume's output will be 60Hz, so it's still best to use 30 fps.
i remember that one of the resolume guy said that 50/60 fps file is the best for resolume no?

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Complete books have been written about refresh rates and fps, and what works best varies per computer, region, signal setup and what you want to achieve.

The rule of thumb is to match your fps to a factor of your refresh rate.

So when refreshing at 60Hz, your content should be at 120/60/30/15 fps. At 50Hz, your content should be 100/50/25 fps. Of course 50/60 fps will be visually smoother than 25/30 fps, because you're displaying the same motion with twice as many frames. But your computer also has to do twice as much work, so it all depends. I wouldn't say one or the other is 'best for Resolume'.