Resolume Avenue 3 is coming!

Stay up to date with important updates, artist showcases and more
nkazoura
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Resolume Avenue 3 is coming!

Post by nkazoura »

gpvillamil wrote: If I am not mistaken, the cross-fader works a bit like Ableton: you can assign layers to either bus A or B, and all the layers on a given bus would be composited together.

ie say you put layers 1-3 on bus A and layers 4-6 on bus B. Layers 1-3 are all composited together, just as in Resolume 2, and layers 4-6 are also composited together. You can change the opacity and compositing modes of each layer. Then you can use the cross-fader to switch between scene A (layers 1-3) and scene B (layers 4-6).
Thanks that definitely helps. I was getting worried because i didn't see the familiar opacity faders from resolume 2, but after a closer look i can see that they are probably the fat horizontal bars above the A/B bus buttons.

holy crap i cant wait

°_Trip_°

Post by °_Trip_° »

It seems great...

And what about the new ReACT midi controller? It's just a dream to have it in September too? :roll:

djdiego71
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by djdiego71 »

No more "Chaos" option?

I hope this is not real!!!!

ropke

Post by ropke »

wow, nice job!

happy the mac version enters the world, and inmediately a question, because I'm curious about the graphics cards.
To me it seems there are two possible cards available for a (new) mac pro, the ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT or the NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT. (cause the NVIDIA Quadro FX 5600 costs over 2500euro's....)
but then I do not understand this line in the specification list:

"Mac:... Quartz Extreme graphics card (Resolume Avenue is not compatible with integrated Intel graphics processors)..."

are the two cards compatible with r3 and what card would you recommend concerning R3?
(I'm soon going to buy a new mac pro).

maybe I missed a remark or question somewhere, but is sound also live possible? instead of a sound file?

and how capable is r3 with 720x576 files (my cam doesn't do 640x480 ;) )

also I'm really interested how detailed (live?) masking is possible, before we tried with AE to make a mask and playing it in QT (see our result at http://www.vimeo.com/841400 ) but live this would be a bliss!

thanks already guys :)
Last edited by ropke on Wed Aug 13, 2008 08:01, edited 3 times in total.

retina_error

Post by retina_error »

damn.... thats what I'm looking for... can't wait until september...

valentinohesse

Post by valentinohesse »

avenue & react midi ?????

incuf

Post by incuf »

I´ve already bought it!!! now I´m just waiting. How about sending the user manual to buyers?

cheers

incuf

kosho
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by kosho »

There are serveral different styles of Live Motion Graphics and one of the strengths of Resolume has been its ability to accomodate and combine mulitple styles or modes. Resolume's primary value to me as an artist is that in live performance what is produced with these modes goes far beyond what is possible with video authoring tools.

My favorite style is what you could call compositing where multiple layers are mixed with layer interactions (blending modes), wipes, masks and of course EFX. I often compare this style to photoshop with motion - or AfterEffects with live performance capabilities.

I didn't see much about expanding the compositing mode in R3. For example, I would love to be able to trigger blending modes, masks and wipes with MIDI and also have more parameter control there.

Then there is the clip server style where clips are triggered from some storage device. This requires good content management tools like banks etc. R2's banks are good, but it would be very useful to be able to copy, cut and paste clips within and between banks. I have also missed being able to sequence triggering rather than just having chaos mode.

Then we have the what I call the motion control style where loops can be set within clips, clips can be linked to music and so forth. It looks from the demo video that R3 has greatly expanded the motion control mode which is great, especially if video playback is smoother with greater control.

I'm a bit concerned the audio feature appeals to the more casual user. Frankly, I have never felt the need to play audio from within Resolume and if I need audio, I use Ableton. The video demo seems to be showing the remix of a music video that has been carefully coreographed and is more on the authoring side of the spectrum and not so much a live performance thing.

The overall improvement of performance and video configuration sounds great and I can hardly wait to get my hands on R3. Thanks for all the hard work. You guys are true software wizards!

beka

Post by beka »

Looks wicked... cant wait to get my mits on it!!!!
just wondering ,can i use still images and if so what files can i use? cheers

glasshopper

FLASH AS3 Variables Re: Resolume Avenue 3 is coming!

Post by glasshopper »

Hello - does the new Resolume Avenue work with Flash AS3 ... I have played with sound reactive visuals and FFT in a demo of resolume 2.3 - but am keen to see how the new version would cope with flash and all the transmitted flash variables from AS3 based classes...

The app looks great by the way ... especially ability for multi output and audio - cannot wait to try it out ... Good Work. You want any more beta testers?