Resolume Avenue 3 released

Stay up to date with important updates, artist showcases and more
samcous
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Resolume Avenue 3 released

Post by samcous »

You made a very great job for this release version. :o .

does the new DXV codec can decompress videos of the old mjpeg pivideo 3 or 4 of resolume 2 ?

thx for this version. :mrgreen:

redspark

Post by redspark »

haags! :D

JERREM

Post by JERREM »

thanks guys for this latest version!

just one very annoying problem...
my .wav files wont play backwards anymore, i get a loud error noise :(
they work in the in past betas, so i dont think its my files (uncompressed wav files)
im on vista (no choice here.. drivers)

anyone seen a similar error?
http://www.jerrem.com
Artist, VJ & New Media Activist

VJair
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by VJair »

yay for full release of avenue :D

if only id been able to get online on friday.... i did a 20,000 capcity gig in Beruit... would have been great to test it there, saying that, the last beta ran beautifuly for me all night :D ( pics to come )

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

JERREM wrote:my .wav files wont play backwards anymore, i get a loud error noise :(
Yes we discovered this also just hours after the 3.0.0 release ;-(
It does not happen on all wav files, the included demo files play fine backwards

We,ll investigate and fix it asap.

dep
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by dep »

Thanks for making the release! I have a show coming up in about a week where I plan to use Avenue for the first time, and I'm seeing a lot of improvements over the beta :)

I'm happy about the fixes, but there is still one issue that is not addressed:
bart wrote: Transport controls on the layers
The Forward, Backward, Pause and Random buttons are back where they belong! Due to popular demand we added transport controls to the layers so it works more like Resolume 2. By default they are hidden so before you panic you should just make them visible by choosing "Show Layer Transport Controls" in the View menu.

MIDI & Keyboard Mapping Changed
The Contextual and Direct MIDI and Keyboard mapping was confusing so we changed it to Application and Composition mapping. Also, If you want your midi and keyboard shortcuts working the Resolume 2 way then go for Application mapping and select the focus to Deck in the mapping panel.
This. What I'm trying to achieve is to map MIDI controls to each layer's transport controls (speed and playhead). So, I turned on Application mapping, switched focus to "Deck" and assigned the controls. They worked, but when I switch clips the controls do not apply to the new clips loaded into the layer. So, instead of being assigned to the layer, they work like they were assigned using the Clip mapping mode in the beta - they're just assigned to whatever clip happens to be loaded into the layer at the time (the mapping shows up in the clip properties panel, and persists even when the clip is removed from the layer).
I also tried using Composition mapping, and ran into the same problem.

The Tunnel plugin was not working, either. I tried applying it to both Composition and Clip, but all I got was a black screen. The rest of the new plugins work fine. I have an Nvidia 9500M GS, and am on Windows XP (SP3).
Last edited by dep on Mon Mar 16, 2009 15:38, edited 1 time in total.

hironux

Post by hironux »

Hello, bart and other guys at Resolume.

Thank you for finishing the 3.0.0 version of Resolume! I am so happy!
rev.990 was bit buggy, 1110 was much better, but still some small mess.

But wait is over!
(still waiting the Flash support!)

I use this version at a small (around 50) event on March.

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

dep wrote:What I'm trying to achieve is to map MIDI controls to each layer's transport controls (speed and playhead). So, I turned on Application mapping, switched focus to "Deck" and assigned the controls. They worked, but when I switch clips the controls do not apply to the new clips loaded into the layer.
Correct, we've got some more work todo in this area. We're on it.

vjloco
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by vjloco »

Congratulations on the official release version! Great job guys! There are lots of very cool enhancements, notably some of the great new effects. I also am glad about the fixes to the various glitches.
Unfortunately, I am using Vista X64 and still have stuttering problems, playback slowdowns etc. When I go to a new clip, often the playback pauses for a second before continuing. If I go to a different deck, add an effect, click on a column, same thing.
There is also a little glitch with the layer labels. The selected layer name (over yellow) is supposed to be black letters, and when the layer is not selected it should be white letters. Often when I open resolume, the selected layer letters do not change to black, and I can't read what it is. This did not happen in the prerelease version.
Also, there are two effects which freeze my machine: point grid and stingy sphere. When I apply them to the composition, the program simply freezes. When I apply them to single clips, the machine freezes for several seconds and then the video plays back at about 3 fps until I remove the effects.
Laptop: Intel Core 2cpu T7200 @2Ghz - 2Gig Ram
Operating system: Windows Vista Ultimate Sp1 X64
Video card: NVIDIA Gforce Go 7600

faza

Post by faza »

Hi.
What about DMX support ? Working with light is essential for many of us ... Hope that DMX will be added in the future ,next to flash and audio recording.

After all , this release is finally stable on my system and i have a lot fun playing with RV3. Good job!
MBP 2,4Ghz NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT, Amsterdam, The Netherlands