Resolume 3.1 Released: Bug Fixes & Flash Playback

Stay up to date with important updates, artist showcases and more
bart
Team Resolume

Resolume 3.1 Released: Bug Fixes & Flash Playback

Post by bart »

UPDATE: Version 3.1.1 is released which fixes some instability. We are extremely happy to release this free Resolume update. Version 3.1 fixes a lot of bugs & crashes, has Flash playback and a LOT of minor improvements.

Stability Improvements & Bug Fixes
We have spent a lot of time stress-testing Avenue and have fixed a lot of crashes and bugs. Avenue runs a lot more stable again. Stability remains our main focus so email us as soon as you run into any problems: mail@resolume.com

Flash Playback
What can we say? Sorry it took a while ... but ... IT ROCKS!!! Flash animations have this crispy colourfulness that you just don't get with video. Flash playback in Resolume has full alpha channel support so transparency looks great. Communication between Flash and Resolume is ActionScript 3 compatible and more powerful than ever so you get perfect live control over your animations with sliders, buttons and text input in the Resolume interface. Programming in AS3 is an absolute joy compared to AS2. We love it, and we hope you do to. Checkout the Manual for a new Flash chapter with all the details. And checkout the samples in the media folder. Start making your own generative visuals!
31_flashclip.jpg
31_flashclip.jpg (25.5 KiB) Viewed 25843 times
Manual
http://www.resolume.com/avenue/manual/

Layer Width and Height
This was a much requested feature that makes scaling all the clips to a fixed size a lot easier. This is great if you have content in different sizes, it will scale them all to one size. And it makes setting up a multi-screen projection with the Matrox Dualhead or Tripplehead a lot less work too.
31_layerwidth.jpg
31_layerwidth.jpg (32.13 KiB) Viewed 25843 times
Video Beatloopr
Why should the AV guys have all the fun? The BeatLoopr also works on video clips without audio now. Set your video clip to BPM Sync and st- st- st- start play- play- playing.
31_beatloopr.jpg
31_beatloopr.jpg (20.78 KiB) Viewed 25840 times
Improved AV Slider
Moving the layer Audio and Video sliders at the same time is much improved. Between the Audio and Video slider you now see a proper AV slider that you can grab and adjust the audio volume and video opacity relative from each other in one fell swoop. Small details make all the difference.
31_avslider.jpg
31_avslider.jpg (21.77 KiB) Viewed 25840 times
Improved Keystone plugin
Keystone = video mapping! The keystone plugin allows for extreme deformation of video so you can map it onto objects. Combined with masks you can map video on any surface. Enjoy!

New Effect: Shift RGB
This effect has different modes for displacing the RGB channels in the video.
31_shift_rgb.jpg
31_shift_rgb.jpg (33.67 KiB) Viewed 25843 times
Load an effect with 0% Opacity
Hold down the Alt key when you drop an effect and it will be loaded with 0% opacity. This way you can load an effect on the composition without becoming instantly visible so you can do a subtle fade-in. Smoooooth.

Master Output Audio Delay
When outputting the video to a projector via a mixer the video will always be delayed a few milliseconds before it's displayed. This becomes a problem when you also output audio from Avenue because the delay on the audio as it travels through the mixer to the PA is usually less than video. To compensate this you can now set a delay on the audio output in the preferences. This way your audio and video will match up perfectly. Pro stuff!

Audio FFT Input Gain
When the incoming audio is very weak you can now amplify the entire audio FFT analysis signal in the preferences.
31_prefs.jpg
31_prefs.jpg (36.49 KiB) Viewed 25843 times
Clip Panel Updates
A lot of people are sequencing Avenue via MIDI with Ableton Live or via OSC with Max Patches. For this situation it's not handy for the clip properties panel to always show the latest triggered clip. We have made a switch for this in the Preferences where you can switch off the Clip panel updating when receiving MIDI or OSC.

Mac Intel Only
Resolume is no longer a universal binary but is Intel only on the Mac.

Español, Català & Français
Besides English, German and Dutch the Resolume interface also speaks fluent Spanish, Catalan and French now.

German Manual
The entire Resolume Manual is also available in German:
http://www.resolume.com/avenue/manual/index.php?lang=de

What's Next for us?
Software is never finished so one of the next major todo's on our list is making deck switches faster. So ... back to work.

What's Next for You?
Download Resolume 3.1 and enjoy!

VJair
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Resolume 3.1 Released: Bug Fixes & Flash Playback

Post by VJair »

nicely done gentlemen! load effect with 0% is something i had been missing.

gegenlicht
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by gegenlicht »

WOW!!!! You guys make me so happy right now !! :D And just yesterday my studentcard came!
Now i can affort Resolume, sry im a poor starving artist ;DD

Finally ! Rsolume! FLASH! LICENSE ! :D :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

DOoooOoOooOoOownlaoooaoaaoaoad ! :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
blinded by lights

VJzoo
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by VJzoo »

Great work guys! good to see flash in there :)
Jas
(the dyslexic VJzoo)

http://vjzoo.com
~ quite nice visuals ~

gradek
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by gradek »

awesome! Great list of improvements. I might have to learn flash, just so I can do more fun stuff with R3.1 !!!
Its really cool that you guys have addressed so much of the feedback that has been posted here on the forums!

Its great to be so connected with the development of software that I use. Can't wait to test this version out. I'm sure the next wave of feedback will be coming soon, from all of us. ;-)
Want to map LED rings with Resolume? Then look no further: https://goo.gl/f2dPGu

juLiE
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by juLiE »

wonderful !!! thanx for the hard work !!! still impressed with avenue... :D

happy about:
Stability Improvements & Bug Fixes
Improved AV Slider
New Effect: Shift RGB
Load an effect with 0% Opacity

Video Beatloopr ?! and i was already having fun with the "cue points" in the transport section (just video) - look forward to trying this, thanx!

...yeah, "deck switches faster", good idea, but not too bad ;)

ps: my laptop has sound card issues *sometimes* unfortunately (known before buying but i wasn't doing sound then). however, i'm able to control it at times with the low/high pass filters...any other sound improvement filters would be great, if possible - or is this a luxury request ? ;) ...i'm new to this sound thingie, but having fun.

ps2: have you had summer vacation yet? :P

GeeEs
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by GeeEs »

:D JAJAJAJA!!

Great work guys!!
Still @ work here, but can't wait to try it in a few hours!

The list of fixes and improvements look great! First thing... I'm going to abuse the flash support tonight.. a lot ;)
desktop: Windows 7 home premium 64 bit, MSI 870A-G54, AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition, 4Gb RAM (GVP34GB1600C9DC), NVidia GTX 560
laptop: Windows 7 home premium 32 bit, Core2duo 2Ghz, 4Gb Ram, NVidia 9600m GT

dyya
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by dyya »

Great job, tnx for Flash implementation :mrgreen:
Greetings from Bosnia

samcous

Post by samcous »

Great job guys,

i like the keystone, flash and french language, but there is no midi out for a total synchro with ableton or other external midi controlers like BCF2000...

I will test the syncro with abletonn soon, i hope that there is no delay now when you start a midi note...

Thank you it's realy beter to work with this version.

doublethink

Post by doublethink »

Well done guys - this is a really comprehensive update.
I love the flash implementation - never had this at my fingertips before!

One complaint - a small thing but REALLY ANNOYING!

When I save a composition and reload it - the decks STILL comes up in a random order!!!

This makes it impossible to Midi trigger a deck load for a new track from Ableton which would be really nice.

Seems like a small thing - is it something you will be able to fix soon?

If you could reposition decks by dragging this would be a work around...

Sorry to moan - this is still bloody excellent!

:-)