Max for Live Resolume Patches

Stay up to date with important updates, artist showcases and more
leolodreamland
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Max for Live Resolume Patches

Post by leolodreamland »

idiron can make the playhead jump about when certain notes are played using the MIDI to OSC patch... http://idiron.kaen.org/av

TYLRbass
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by TYLRbass »

pbs99 wrote:i'm trying to figure out a way to link the crossfaders in ableton and resolume via OSC. Has anyone done this successfully via these patches(i'm using an APC40)?
Here's what you need to do

First, map the APC40 crossfader (channel 1, CC 15) to the crossfader in Live ( I know this seems redundant but it will make sense in a second)

Then what I would do is create an empty Audio or MIDI Effect rack, and also map the physical APC40 crossfader (channel 1, CC 15) to one of these macros..

Then simply forward that macro to the crossfader in Resolume and voila, they are linked..

The reason you need to hard map the APC40 crossfader to the crossfader in Live is because once you make that Macro mapping it will over-ride the default mapping of the crossfader, and since we don't want to over-ride the default function we simply hard map it ourselves

TYLRbass

Post by TYLRbass »

I noticed that in the first version of these patches that playback and tempo is included.
viewtopic.php?t=6747

v1.6 (from this post) does not include playback and tempo.

Was it not reliable? because compared to MIDI sync over IAC it seems to be very loose but I thought I might take a shot at copying the code from the original patches into these patches but I don't know enough about max 4 live to do this..

right now I'm basically using MIDI clock from Ableton to Resolume and then OSC from these Max 4 Live patches into resolume.. so MIDI for playback and tempo and OSC for clip trigger and parameter control.

Would be ideal to have playback/tempo and clip/control both on OSC but I'm not even sure how to go about syncing with OSC

Any plans for including playback and tempo in upcoming versions?

Thanks for the patches, this technique is WORLDS better than the manual MIDI routing that I had to do before this.

One more thing.. Would there be a way to give an Ableton clip an identifier (say [layer 1, clip 1] and have that trigger the corresponding clip in Resolume, instead of just going by the Ableton clip slot number?

visru

Post by visru »

I run both dispatchers so I have OSC sync. It works great.

leolodreamland

Post by leolodreamland »

visru wrote:I run both dispatchers so I have OSC sync. It works great.
can you attach the one with sync? thanks...

TYLRbass

Post by TYLRbass »

leolodreamland wrote:
visru wrote:I run both dispatchers so I have OSC sync. It works great.
can you attach the one with sync? thanks...
I'm assuming he is referring to these patches - viewtopic.php?t=6747

I thought they were made by the same person and this post was an update but I guess they are two entirely different sets of patches.. they do work simultaneously though, which is what I am doing for now.. Hopefully I will find the time to combine them into one system sometime soon..

I do not use the OSC sync because it was nowhere near as tight and reliable as MIDI but at the same time, I'd like to clean things up and use ONLY OSC rather than having to use 2 OSC dispatchers and MIDI sync

leolodreamland

Post by leolodreamland »

awesome, thanks, excited now...

visru

Post by visru »

I believe this question was asked previously. Is there a way to get the parameter forwarder to respond to clip envelopes? The ableton parameter responds, but the parameter forwarder doesn't. The parameter forwarder responds to changes with the mouse or assigned controller knob but not with automation. :(

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

This is something which is better asked on the Ableton m4l forums.

gavspav

Post by gavspav »

@visru that's weird it works for me with clip envelopes.

@everyone else have you seen this development http://showsync.info/