Resolume 4 and Ableton 8 erratic midi clock urgent help!

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
lblblblb
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Resolume 4 and Ableton 8 erratic midi clock urgent help!

Post by lblblblb »

Hello
I've been having major problems with midi clock from ableton, I thought this may have been a problem with using Resolume 3 and Ableton 7 so I have now upgraded both which at first seemed to fix the problem, but now it has started again.

The midi clock will not stay in time making the clips really jumpy they will go very slow then speed up and the bpm counter almost stays in time sometimes but then falls behind. I've read similar problems but they seemed quite old posts so I was hoping it had been fixed but for me its not the case. The clips are totally jerky and impossible to use.

I am running on mac pros 2 computers linked by ethernet and ipmidi connection which doesn't seem to have any problem. When I run from the same computer it seems to work better.

We have a gig tomorrow so it is urgent I need to fix it, if anyone has any solutions I would very much appreciate it. I saw someone had made a patch for Max but I don't think I have Max for live.

Thanks veyr much.

gpvillamil
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Resolume 4 and Ableton 8 erratic midi clock urgent help!

Post by gpvillamil »

If you are referring to this: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5811

You don't need Max for Live, just the Max/MSP runtime, which is free: http://cycling74.com/downloads/runtime/

There is a detailed note on the second page of the thread which talks about possible scenarios for running the patch when using more than one computer, basically:

1) Put the patch on the Ableton computer, and use OSC to talk across the network to Resolume (I think this is better)

or

2) Put the patch on the Resolume computer, and use ipMIDI to get the MIDI clock into the patch across the network