Next Generation Haswell Macbook Pro

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
BPM
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Next Generation Haswell Macbook Pro

Post by BPM »

Hey all,
Next Generation Macbook Pro which will be available in September will have a Custom Intel HD GRAPHICS GPU a little bit faster than Intel's Iris 5200. It has been said that no dedicated nvidia/AMD GPU will exist.
Is that enough for us to run resolume over high resolutions?

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Next Generation Haswell Macbook Pro

Post by Joris »

As mentioned elsewhere, it's not lack of power in the Intel cards, it's the lack of OpenGL extensions.

Even on the current batch of Intel only MBPs, Resolume runs fine for basic clip triggering. It's only when you start using complex effects or the advanced output that things go wrong.

But who knows, maybe Apple will update their drivers for these cards on the nextgen machines.

Stickygreen
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Stickygreen »

Hmm.... the face of VJing could take a major turn, unless somethings change in the way computers are made available to consumers.

Hey, Goto10, have you guys tried running resolume on a Surface pro? it's probably the best tablet on the market right now, and i'm sure the can my VJ software run on this or that tablet question is going to start popping up really soon.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

We haven't tried the Surface Pro, but its specs don't even list a GPU so I doubt it'll do much.

The tablet question has been popping up a lot already. R2.41 on the iPad was our April Fools' joke two years ago and we're still getting mails about it ;)

Maybe a completely stripped down version could work on the tablet, but it's not where we can or want to focus development right now.

Basic
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by Basic »

goto10 wrote:Maybe a completely stripped down version could work on the tablet, but it's not where we can or want to focus development right now.
Interesting ;)
Resolume Avenue 3.3.3 - MBP i7, 8gb RAM - Snow Leopard (2010). Akai APC20

Sadler
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Sadler »

Dell Precision M3800 Workstation - that should be a beast.