have problems with Geforce video card??? read this!!!

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
shaggex
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

have problems with Geforce video card??? read this!!!

Post by shaggex »

if you can get your tv out, use older drivers of nvidia!!!, new drivers don't let you choose (or at least in my case) dualview but old drivers do, i'm not sure if you can donwload old drivers in nvidia page but if you can't email me

jesusvelasquez@gmail.com
Maracaibo - Venezuela

levon
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by levon »

ive been having a bit of problems with my Nvidia card, i have a geforce 4 Ti 4200. when i have 2 monitors (or one monitor and a projector) the one pluged into the secondary output (DVI or svideo) it is set as the default monitor fro all popups, but the first monitor is the one with the start bar and all that. :( im confused.

shaggex
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by shaggex »

well i guess i was wrong... now i change the driver to the new one and now i can change the display to dualview... i don't know why since i haven't change anything.. but now i figured that i can change both resolutions ( monitor n tv) in the window's screen configuration (and not only in the nview configuration), if you can't see both monitors there.. then you can't set the dualview out...
i also have the geforce 4 ti 4200 and when i set to dualview I also see popups in the tv but i don't think this is a problem..
with this new configuration the perfomance is not so good.. but if you use flash files and .avi videos in 400x300 you shouldn't have problems.. i set the resolume resolution to 320x240 for the interface and 400x300 or 640x480 to the tv out... and 16-bit in resolume and windows..
anyway i really want to know if i'm doing something wrong cos i really want to use all my videos.. i guess i'll change then to avi (in 400x300) but this is not a real solution i guess...
i try closing most aplications (antivirus, firewall, working without internet and without lan) and the performance isn't real good yet.. my window's desktop resolution is set to 1024x768
plis help! i have a perfomance tomorrow.. if i don't get any help i'll have to work without a preview in horizontal spam (which work a lot better than dualview) thanks!!!

seex
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by seex »

I use nvidea cards for some jears now and i only have problems when the card gets to smart. I dont know about ati but nvidea cards detect displays when the coputer starts up, and if you plug in the projector only and switch the comp on that will be your only and primary display, even if you plug in a monitor and restart the computer the primary display will stay on your projector. To fix this you must firs unplug the projector and restart with the monitor pluged in, than plug in the projector and restart again. Unfortunatley this is simpler than going trough the driver settings.

To avoid this the nvidea drivers offer the use of profiles, i advise you to cretae a profile for use with resolume and a nother one for use as a desktop. Loading a profile will always set the monitors to your desired resolutions colour depth and priprity. This saved me a lot of hassle and time.