Blackmagic Decklink Quad

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
albertas
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Blackmagic Decklink Quad

Post by albertas »

Hi!

I have a question about Decklink Quad. Since it is a PCIe card with 4 HD-SDI inputs, I was wondering is it fully supported by Resolume. In other words does Resolume "see" 4 independent capture devices?

deadsound
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Blackmagic Decklink Quad

Post by deadsound »

yes it sees 4 Inputs

SDI 1-4

lowstreet

Post by lowstreet »

I used two Arena servers with both a decklink quad on a recent project, so 2X4 hd-sdi inputs.

Works great, fast and stable. Do not forget you need mini-sdi to sdi converters for both in- and output, so 8/card!

Maarten

olacy

Post by olacy »

My problem is when I'm using 4 cameras with Decklink Quad an Resolume Arena, they are blinking If work in the same settings (f.e. 1080p/25). If i make one of them in different resolution (f.e. 720p25) it stops blinking. Another problem is when I use graphics (png, or jpg). I can connect only ttwo cameras. Third made crash of Resolume, and I have to restart program.

Do you have any ideas tp resolve my problem?

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Make sure you're running the most recent blackmagic drivers on your computer and firmware on your quad cards. The quad BMD cards should behave as if you had 4 single capture cards so there shouldn't be any problems.

Do you have enough PCIe lanes available on your motherboard as these cards require 4 lanes, (compatible with 4, 8 and 16 lane PCIe slots).

Also, are you running high end HD-SDI coax cables for every connection and are all your cables shorter than 300ft (or with repeaters if more than 300ft)?