About lock button.

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
judicator
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

About lock button.

Post by judicator »

Hi folks! On last week i used Resolume for showing some videos with sound. But then i start showing i start really care about, what if i or another guys make a misclick and close my video with sound (i mean close all performance). And i thinking it will be really nice if we got lock button for performance. I hope you understand what i mean.
Attachments
Lock button?
Lock button?

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: About lock button.

Post by Joris »

Yay! Mockups!

A lock button has been discussed quite a bit before, we're a bit worried that it means too many different things for different people. So maybe it's a good idea to start the discussion again.

What exactly do you want to lock? Just that you it's not possible to trigger clips with the mouse into that layer? Or also not via midi? And can you still change the opacity of that layer? With the mouse? Or via midi? What about OSC? And how about effects on that layer? Can you still add and remove effects? Can you change the position of that layer? Can you add clips to the layer? Can you remove clips from the layer? Can you move the layer up and down or not?

If any of you +1 addicts want to chime in with your preferences, now's the time!

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

i would like to have a lock funktion :

-ALl / Every Command would be dissable
-Unlock with code ( 4 numbers or s.th. u can set up )

would be nice for leaving your place and grab a beer and no1 stay to watch after your stuff...
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

judicator

Post by judicator »

Thank you for the answer! I think what lock button mean lock all function. Then you press lock button, then its freeze all option and freeze changing. I think it will be optimal make this button in 3 places: Composition (global lock), Layer lock (for layer lock and cannot change footages and layer position) and footage lock(then you cannot close it and cannot change option on footage, but you can still move layers). And also you can make enable button for enaling lock in options. Something like this. I hope i can all explain correctand you understand me and my idea will be interested for you. Because now Resolume not only VJ soft. Its really universal software for a lot of ideas.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

So what about the autopilot? Would the autopilot still work? What about external inputs like midi and osc?

Come on people, let yourself be heard!

He2neg

Post by He2neg »

mhm osc / midi maybe a funktion to let osc enebled becouse then you can move around and switching stuff from somewere else ... but no1 can mess around at your base...
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

judicator

Post by judicator »

Joris wrote:So what about the autopilot? Would the autopilot still work? What about external inputs like midi and osc?

Come on people, let yourself be heard!
Lock button mean LOCK all function. So functionals cant be changed or added.

Joris

Post by Joris »

So only the clips that are playing continue playing, and any calls to the autopilot are ignored? Or should the autopilot keep running if it was activated before the app was locked?

What about OSC sequences coming from an app like Vezer?

pfelberg

Post by pfelberg »

Is it possible to configure lock with three or four options on preferences, including if you want a passw or not?

Joris

Post by Joris »

Sure it's possible. What would you like those options to be?