Display Glitch in Advanced Output

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
zebbler
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Display Glitch in Advanced Output

Post by zebbler »

We are having an issue with the advanced output screen when using multiple outputs on a ASUS Radeon R9 295x2, Window 7 64bit. We have four DVI diplays connected to the minidisplay ports with active adapters, and one DVI display connected to the DVI port. Both Windows and Resolume recognize all displays, but the preview screens, and the entire advanced display glitch out on the primary monitor. When I drag the Resolume window or the advanced output window to a non primary monitor, its works, but stops working when dragged back to primary monitor. I have tried all ports and have confirmed that this problem is not related to the port or monitor used but to whatever monitor I set as primary. I have updated drivers, quicktime, etc. If disable all monitors in advanced out, and then add one at a time, the advance output and preview window work until i add the third output. Once they glitch out, dropping back down to two or one outputs doesn't fix the problem.

zebbler
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Display Glitch in Advanced Output

Post by zebbler »

I have just found that adding the main display as a fifth display in the output, then disabling the slice, solves the problem. I don't know why.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

That's a weird one. Could you contact us directly? Maybe we can figure out a way to debug this.

thermodynamik
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by thermodynamik »

Hey there,

has this been resolved? I have the latest Catalyst Driver, Arena 4.1.11 on Windows 7 x64 and the same problem. As soon as I switch to fullscreen output on the second monitor preview and advanced are glitched. I think it has something to do with OpenGL not being able to render on two monitors at the same time, but I still wonder. It seems as if it's not properly rerendered. As you can see in the attachment it still shows the content of a window being in front before switching to Arena.

Graphics Card is a Club3D 280x RoyalQueen.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (4.74 KiB) Viewed 7743 times

trifox
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by trifox »

same problem here, as soon as output is activated the mini preview screens become glitchy, tried to experiment with older catalyst drivers but somehow now effect, win7 64bit 7970 gpu 14.4 catalyst

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

OP never contacted us directly about this, so we had no way to look further into it.

If either of you could do so, hopefully we can debug this with your help.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

After you collect the log file and send it to Resolume (don't skip this step), it might be a good idea to run an antivirus program. Avast is free on Amazon and does a great job: http://amzn.com/B00H9A60O4

If you've been switching between versions of AMD drivers and Catalyst, I would run a display driver uninstaller (such as free DDU: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/dis ... nload.html) to get rid of all the leftovers from previous installations and re-install the newest released version as a clean install (not the beta version).

It might also be a good idea to unistall all installed versions of Resolume and reinstall 4.11.