Problems with FFGL sources and plugins

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
yochee
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Problems with FFGL sources and plugins

Post by yochee »

Hey guys,

does anybody of you have problems loading ffgl source effects (feedback, line scape, lines, stroboscope)? Others (gradients, solid color) are loading as they should?!
I experienced this for a while, doesn't happen usually but regularly. Now playing with 4.1.11 I experience I can't load these source fx + I can not apply any ffgl effects to clips/layer/compo which aren't used already at any place in the composition.

Edit: deleted config.xml and fx load as they should.. but when I load my playing composition again, I can't load fx + sources

I find it quite strange, never read about this in the forum, so.. did anybody experience the same problems??

For now I am running 4.1.8 which runs fine :roll:

Sadler

Re: Problems with FFGL sources and plugins

Post by Sadler »

I experience sessions where I can't load certain effects, source or otherwise, including twitch amongst others. Not all effects and not all the time. And testing just now I can't replicate the issue - which is why I haven't reported it on the forums. Actually, just tested sources again - can add a solid colour, gradient and fugPowerGL but not any other source.

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

Never had that myself, are you guys on mac or windows?

Sadler

Post by Sadler »

I'm on Windows 7 Arena 4.1.11

Sadler

Post by Sadler »

Here's a demonstration of the sources not loading. Starting with a layer of solid colours I drag a range of sources.

phpBB [video]

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Thanks for the video. It looks like Res is having trouble loading the 'heavier' plugins. That's not good!

It'd be interesting to see whether it also happens on a fresh composition. It would be great if you could contact us directly, so we can try to recreate it together.

We'd love to fix this.

Sadler

Post by Sadler »

This issue is elusive but here it is with effects being loaded:

phpBB [video]

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Yeah, we've been trying to recreate it, but can't seem to get a bead on it.

What did you do in order to get this result? Does it occur immediately when you load a certain comp?

Sadler

Post by Sadler »

I really only ever edit one comp that contains about 10 decks of 4 layers @ 720p. The issue occurs after I've been experimenting/being creative for an indeterminate time but, I think, consistently less than half an hour. Never immediately as far as I can remember but sometimes quite quickly (like within 10 mins). The load failure can happen on any deck in the comp and seems to stick to a cell (i.e. once a cell starts failing it keeps failing) until a restart.

When I first encountered the problem I thought it might have been incompatibilities between effects because some effects didn't want to load on top of others but would load into other cells OK. However, I am not so sure of that theory now from subsequent testing. Once a cell deteriorates only videos and very few effects can be loaded into it.

As you can see from the effects and sources videos I posted, I have quite a few 3rd party plugins in addition to the supplied ones. I don't have any issues with these individually though - they certainly don't crash or make things flaky.

Joris

Post by Joris »

Can you send us that comp and the files that go with it?