give me an answer. please

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
zutim
Is taking Resolume on a second date

give me an answer. please

Post by zutim »

Hello, i want to know if i can use midi-encoders (increase and decrease comands) to control all sliders in Resolume. are there any problems u know ???

thanks tim

levon
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by levon »

the best way to do this is to approperatly title your post. 'give me an answer. please' is so retarded, it gives no hint as to what the post is about, cept some n00b that doesnt know what they are doing.

have you tried assigning one midi controller to a few different things in resolume?

zutim

Post by zutim »

i posted another topic one week ago with a clear title and a clear question. i know that bart and edwin are working hard on the new release, but a little answer would be nice and.
i know thats not the right way.

i have a midi - board running with potis but encoders are working different. when i buy a encoder board, theres no way to give it back and i dont wont to throuh my money out of the window.

sorry for my bad english

tim

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

resolume does not work with midi-encoders but we do have a midi keyboard here that can do that so when we have some time we can build in support for it.

zutim

Post by zutim »

in the vjforum.de somebody wrote an topic and discribed his Behringer BCR. there are 24 encoders and it sounds like it is working.
no im a little confused. i will asked him.
did u check your keyboard- encoders with res allready?
Here is a text from Doepfer Elekktronik about there "Pocket Dial "
It can transmits Increment / Decrement Data or absolute date.

Increment / Decrement Data:
In this case Pocket Dial does not "know" the absolute value of the parameter but transmits only the information data increment (abbreviation: inc) or data decrement (abbreviation: dec). Unfortunately there is no MIDI message available "increase data of MIDI Controller XX" or "increase data of MIDI Controller XX". There is only a general Data increment (Controller #96 decimal, resp. #60 hexadecimal) and Data decrement message (Controller #97 decimal, resp. #61 hexadecimal) available. The third byte of these messages is - as far as we know - not used so far. In the MIDI spec we found no statement concerning this byte. Remember: each MIDI control change message consists of 3 bytes. We want to solve this problem by "hiding" the controller number, to which the inc/dec is related to, in the third byte of these messages. This modified inc/dec messages would enable to increase or decrease the value of a specific MIDI controller. We hope that other companies will agree to this proposal and adjust their software/hardware to this amendment of the MIDI Data increment/decrement message (controller #96/97).

The "new" MIDI messages are:

Controller Increment: BnH 60H xxH

Controller Decrement: BnH 61H xxH

with n = MIDI channel (0...F) and xx = MIDI Controller No (00...77H, 78H...7FH is reserved for Channel Mode Messages). H means hexadezimal values
http://www.doepfer.de

It would be great if u would build in, because i hate it when i change the clip an then turn the speed controller and it jumps hard to the right speed of controller value. wont happen with derease and increase commands.

thanks tim