Streaming another program into Resolume

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Dubrunner
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Streaming another program into Resolume

Post by Dubrunner »

Hey all.

I'm pretty new to advanced networking/ plugging and using various sources into specific programs.

I was hoping if anybody would be able to help me out with getting programs to work within Resolume such as Macromeez visuals - http://www.macromeez.com/macromeez-visuals

Its a brilliant program you can control live and would make a great backdrop to add more layers upon in Resolume.

My best guess so far is that i have to have it running on one computer with a screen capture and Resolume on my main computer which has the projection output and somehow tell Resolume to stream this screen capture as a clip?

After Effects would be pretty cool to be able to stream in as well or a painting program like Corel Paint which i think Android Jones does for some of his shows? ;).

Sorry if this has been asked before i tried searching the forums but it seems most of the topics being discussed are a bit advanced in regard to what im trying to achieve currently!

Cheers

Naigi
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Streaming another program into Resolume

Post by Naigi »

If you are on a mac and you have a powerful enough computer to run both programs on the same machine you should make use of syphon
http://syphon.v002.info/faq.php

perhaps
http://andreacremaschi.github.io/Syphon-virtual-screen/

The Pc equivalent is Spout, but not sure what sort of Spout Apps are out there

hope that helps with some ideas

Dubrunner

Post by Dubrunner »

Cool thanks i'll have a look into it.

I'd heard Syphon mentioned around the place but wasn't sure what it was; thought it was more of program developing thing which is why i never checked it out; silly me!

Dubrunner

Post by Dubrunner »

I'd just like to report in....

Macromeez visuals has a Syphon link button, which before learning of Syphon i had just looked over.

Thanks massively for pointing me in the right direction. Pretty new to the VJ'ing stuff and just now discovering all these plugins and options.

Very fun to be able to hand a friend a PS3 controller when they are in a crowd and tell them that they are controlling/ helping whats on the projector! =).

Naigi
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Naigi »

Nice one, glad that was helpful :)

Have a look at the various Syphon related apps out there, SyphonTCP and Syphon2Network also let you send Syphon feeds between computers over Network cables, in case you need to keep your set up on different machines. But test reliability and performance of that on your current set up.

Syphon recorder, Syphoner, and Syphon virtual screen are also very handy. And if you have a black magic capture card/interface you can now use Black Syphon to output through them too!

Fun times we live in ;-)