mpeg streamclip problems

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
trapnee
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

mpeg streamclip problems

Post by trapnee »

Hey everybody,

I bought a new macbook so I had to reinstall mpeg streamclip to be able to convert my video's to dxv. But the program doesn't seem to work. It glitches, takes ages to convert and my converted files have glitches too.

I've got a macbook with a 2,6 ghz inter core i5 processor / 8 GB 1600 mhz ddr3 and it runs on OS X 10.9.4
I downloaded mpeg from http://mpeg-streamclip.nl.softonic.com and http://www.squared5.com but both files didn't work.

So basically, i've got no idea how to convert my files and I've got a gig tonight sooooo i'm kinda worried!

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Re: mpeg streamclip problems

Post by Oaktown »

Did you download version 1.9.2 or 1.9.3b8?

I have used MPEG Streamclip 1.9.3.b8 since it was released without any problems so there is no reasons why it wouldn't work for you.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Another good option is to purchase Quicktime 7 Pro (http://store.apple.com/us/product/D3380 ... r-mac-os-x) which cost $30 in the US.

QT7 Pro is great to have on your computer and you can export your movies to Quicktime Movies and select DXV as the CODEC under Options>Settings>Compression Type. The only catch is that you can't do batches like you can in MPEG Streamclip but it works great.
Last edited by Oaktown on Sun Dec 21, 2014 00:44, edited 1 time in total.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Or good old QTAmateur, which is free, does batches, keeps the alpha in tact, and although it was made in the stone-age, it still runs fine on my Yosemite systems.

https://www.mikeash.com/software/qtamateur/

adriancuervo

Post by adriancuervo »

I've detected this same problem since i've updated to Yosemite. The problem is on alpha channel. I use Adobe media converter. Before the update "alpha channel ignore" option was alwais active, but now I have to activate it each time. I've seen that with "alpha channel preserve" option active, a 1 frame magenta glitch appears. I hope this could help.

beanspiral

Post by beanspiral »

Hi there
I'm also having issues with mpeg streamclip Version 1.9.3b8 (1.9.3b8) on my new mac,
My new macbook came with Yosemite and now when I open mpeg stream clip the playback is distorted.
The screen is split in half and the playback bar at the bottom of the video is cut in half. I've tried changing the aspect ratio, which doesn't work.
My other mac has mavericks installed and it works fine, it just seems to be on Yosemite that the issue occurs
I've also tried installing an older version of mpeg, which doesn't help either
Has anyone else experienced this? Is there any work around ?
I tried installing QTAmateur but it won't load any clips I try to open.
Any help would be wonderful
Thanks!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-02-28 at 11.19.37 am.png

micokeman

Post by micokeman »

I know this is a very old post, but I thought I share the solution.

Close the MPEG Streamclip application.

Select the application in Finder and press command+I to bring up the 'MPEG Streamclip' info.

Check the 'Open in Low Resolution' checkbox. Relaunch the application.

Problem fixed!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 11.32.26 AM.png