More fine-tuned audio-reactive fx controls?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
oheegs
Is taking Resolume on a second date

More fine-tuned audio-reactive fx controls?

Post by oheegs »

Hello all,

Is there any way to get some more fine-tuned audio-reactive parameter controls?
What other programs could I use in unison with Resolume to give me more than basic control over different aspects of the audio input?

Also, in regards to what resolume can handle with the external audio driven FX parameters, how can I make the reactivity of the effect fade in and out less abruptly?

oheegs
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: More fine-tuned audio-reactive fx controls?

Post by oheegs »

Since you can't use Quartz files as Effects in Resolume, is there any way to get better audio effect control? Such as Bass Zooms? I'm having trouble with the audio reactivity options within resolume as I can't seem to achieve the controls I'm looking for. Any suggestions would be helpful. Is there anything I can utilize via syphon to get better audio reactive control?

sorry if this is a silly question.

DayVeeJay
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by DayVeeJay »

Have you looked into Max/MSP? We've built max patches that send OSC commands based on audio triggers.

moldywood
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by moldywood »

Ya, I would agree that maxMSP would the best and most flexible, but if you don't already have it, you could have the audio initially come in through your DAW (Logic or Ableton or whatever), and then modify the sound and frequency bands however you want (bandpass and bandstop or whatever) and then route that to arena. Check out SoundFlower (also made by Cycling 74) to have good ways of routing the audio internally. Not sure if increasing and singling out certain frequency bands was what you were asking for (bass zooms?) but this is a way to do it.

As for the fading in/out, there is a "fall" knob in the audio analysis section, but obviously that only pertains to the fading out.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

I'm not sure how fine you want this frequency control to be, but here's a friendly reminder that you can fine tune the frequency by twirling down the dropdown:
Screen Shot 2015-01-29 at 11.22.37.png
Screen Shot 2015-01-29 at 11.22.37.png (9.11 KiB) Viewed 6935 times