Multiple MIDI at the same time

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
donexecute
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Multiple MIDI at the same time

Post by donexecute »

Hello!
Im trying to mapp apc 40 and apc 25 keys to resolume at the same time. I kinda figure it out that this cannot be done within resolume settings but with boomes translator. Is there any other way to get this done? I noticed, that the keys keyboard mapping is working with midi mapping. Is there maybe any solution to make other midi to work as a keyboard? Is there any other software to make this done. Im kinda struggling with Boomes translator but i really dont know what am i doing. Maybe some1 of u guys did the same thing and maybe can share some tips? I just bought second apc and its really annoying to not make it work. Tnx guys!!

rxfromparis
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Multiple MIDI at the same time

Post by rxfromparis »

try using Ableton live (or free daw software) to mix multiple midi inputs, map each one to a different channel, then send midi out to Resolume. will not take up ressourses if no audio files in daw (digital audio workstation). i'm able to send midi from lauchpad and novation nocturn at the same time. You can even record on your daw midi information in clips, very helpful ;)
desktop: Windows 7 64bit , i7 920 2.66Ghz, 12Gb Ram, GTX 950 2Go, WD Velociraptor 300Go, terratec asio phase 26 usb soundcard & midi,Novation Nocturn controlpad, Akai MPK mini, and soon to come : BCR 2000 :))