Enttec Mk2 on MAC not connecting

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
medialightnyc
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Enttec Mk2 on MAC not connecting

Post by medialightnyc »

I went to the Enttec site first. The site verified my OS and MK2 were up to date. My trouble is Arena is not seeing the MK2 on the Mac, but it does see it on the PC. As stated this configuration is 100% functional with the PC composition and MK2. When I switch to the Mac, and go to DMX Preferences, the MK2 is not visible. I have tried 2 separate MK2 units, both are immediately seen in DMX preferences on PC, neither on Mac.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Thanks for explaining. I understand your Enttec box works on PC but not on Mac.

Since El Capitan, the driver set that Enttec uses on Mac is completely different from the one they use on PC. Functionality on one says nothing about functionality on the other.

If Pro Utility, Enttec's own software, cannot access your box, we cannot magically make it work either. Since El Capitan, Enttec does not require extra d22x drivers and uses the built-in OSX com drivers. I really suggest contacting Enttec support about how to make your box with the com port drivers on OSX. Once that is working, there shouldn't be any problem accessing it in Resolume.

medialightnyc

Post by medialightnyc »

Thank you for your reply. I have been tied up on another project but I am now able to revisit this.
Currently the Mac is seeing the Enttec and connected properly, although the Enttec device is not visible in Arena Preferences. I have identical compositions and settings on the PC and Mac. Everything with the PC is 100%. I still don't understand why the Enttec won't identify when I refresh devices on the Mac. Any suggestions of feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Are you seeing DMX values in the Pro Utility interface?

Also, out of curiosity, since you're controlling Resolume with a ETC Ion, why don't you bypass the Enttec MK2 and use Artnet directly?

medialightnyc

Post by medialightnyc »

I am seeing DMX values in the utility. I will try setting up Artnet today. I still need to resolve the Enttec issue as I will be using this configuration in the future.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

The problem is that Enttec USB box is a nasty piece of work, especially currently on OSX El Capitan.

Enttec's own software can work with both the old d2xx driver, as well as the new com port driver.

Resolume 5.0.2 and up can only work with the com port driver, as Enttec has stated that this the preferred method from now on (although they still support the old method, which gives rise to confusing situations like this). This is what we did, and for all users, the Enttec now just works out of the box.

What I suspect is that you installed the d2xx driver, so now Resolume won't recognize your box.

You really, really need to contact Enttec support and ask them for help to get your box working with the com port drivers. We are following Enttec's protocol to the letter, and there is nothing we can do further to help you. Feel free to cc us in the conversation if you want technical support from one of our developers. Your problem really is their area of expertise, not ours.

medialightnyc

Post by medialightnyc »

The PC connection is not working now, either. I had everything up and running, then went to switch the Enttec devices on the PC, hoping to get the both working via PC as I have another PC avail to run Arena, and when I connected the original working Enttec to the PC I received this promt. I'm not sure why its asking for an Output Lumiverse suddenly. This all occurred within 10 minutes.
The PC sees both Enttec devices this way. Both devices firmware is up to date.
Attachments
IMG_20160621_194912_108.jpg

Joris

Post by Joris »

I'm not sure why its asking for an Output Lumiverse suddenly.
You've created a DMX output, not an input.
The PC sees both Enttec devices this way. Both devices firmware is up to date.
Yes. You're Enttec boxes are working fine. It's the drivers on the Mac that are causing the problems. You really, really, *really* need to contact Enttec support and ask them to help you get rid of the d2xx drivers.

medialightnyc

Post by medialightnyc »

The mistake with the PC was indeed Input/output and that is resolved.
As for the Mac, d2xx drivers are not installed.
I really really really did contact Enttec and they were really really reaalllyyy helpful in ensuring the devices were working. The issue was with the original Enttec/Mac config. The mirco USB cable was bad.
But I really really really appreciate your "patient" and informative replies. If nothing else, I hope this has been somewhat amusing for you, as its been really really *really* fucking annoying and time consuming on my end, as I'm sure many of you can really really really relate to. Now I will excuse my self and head off to the gym as I really really really need to punch things.