Contoller mapping Prob: Select multiple clips and activate them @ the same time.

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
HI5
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Contoller mapping Prob: Select multiple clips and activate them @ the same time.

Post by HI5 »

Hello,

im working on my midi controller mappings again.
Using a Maschine MKI & a Maschine Jam.

I would like to implement sth i have to do with my mouse right now:

Select multiple clips in different Layers and fire them all up @ once.
(Without the need of triggering a whole column).

Right now i do that using my mouse. Holding Crtl and click the preview area (bottom) of the wanted clips in the different layers, followed by pressing enter.

I do not find a way to implement that kind of worklflow into a midi mapping.
I tried mapping the previews to light touching the maschine pads and used Bomes Midi Translator Pro to translate a midi command into a CRTL and ENTER command...its not working.... Im not able to select more than one clip.
Seems the mouse click is another event wich cant be emulated in the way i need it.

Any ideas on this?

THX

Jan

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Contoller mapping Prob: Select multiple clips and activate them @ the same time.

Post by Joris »

I don't think this is currently possible just using the interface.

Enter is like a few other keyboard shortcuts, such as the arrow and escape keys, that have a function assigned that cannot be assigned otherwise. This is something we're working on.

HI5

Re: Contoller mapping Prob: Select multiple clips and activate them @ the same time.

Post by HI5 »

I see. THX for your reply.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

if you'd be using beat synced triggering, you could activate multiple clips which would then launch at the same time.
I guess you don't always launch the same clips together, else you could assign the same midi note or keyboard key to multiple clips at once.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

HI5

Post by HI5 »

if you'd be using beat synced triggering, you could activate multiple clips which would then launch at the same time.
Youre right. I know i could do it that way. But there is a kind of pressure ill feel & i like to relax :)

I guess you don't always launch the same clips together, else you could assign the same midi note or keyboard key to multiple clips at once.
Correct.

Thx for your ideas.