Win7 Nvidia PC "shifted / displaced" output mapping

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
HI5
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Win7 Nvidia PC "shifted / displaced" output mapping

Post by HI5 »

Im messing around with a "displaced / slightly shifted" output mapping.

Made a output mapping with my notebook standing in the middle of a club to have better point of view.
After finishing i transfered the file to the stronger win7 desktop PC.
Everything was working fine and the mapping was tight.

Next day found the mapping slightly shifted.
Looked @ all the software settings like windows and nvidia scaling before checking the projector placement.
Everything seemed fine. So i started replacing the projectors. No way to catch it again.

So i made a new one from scratch. Again using my notebook.
After transfering to the desktop PC the mapping is shifted again.

Is there any Win7 or Nvidia driver setting known that can cause this?

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Win7 Nvidia PC "shifted / displaced" output mapping

Post by drazkers »

I would use a VNC app and do your mapping via wifi. Doesn't tell you whats wrong but it could help get around the issue.

Do you have any over or under scan settings?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

the projector resyncing to the input signal can cause this, I had this all the time with VGA connection.
if your projector supports it, try changing sync settings to manual.

I found that sending a full screen image to the projector and then forcing automatic resync resulted in reproducable results. The problem seemed to occur when the mapped output had a lot of black around the edges of the output,so the projector thought maybe it was not part of the image.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

HI5

Post by HI5 »

I would use a VNC app and do your mapping via wifi. Doesn't tell you whats wrong but it could help get around the issue.
I often do it this way using team viewer. Buts it somtimes is a little glitchy while mapping tiny structures.

Do you have any over or under scan settings?
I checked all the Nvidia driver settings and compared them to the notebook settings.
They're the same. Scale was set to "aspect ratio"

It must be a win or driver setting. After the show the PC was carried to a locked room and
got rewired and started by the club owner next day.

the projector resyncing to the input signal can cause this, I had this all the time with VGA connection.
Ok ill look @ this. I did the mapping (2560x800) routed to 2 epson 1775 through a 3Head Digital SE with HDMI cables.

The Desktop PC uses a 3Head Digital Edition and VGA cables. After finishing the mapping with the notebook i
disconnected the hdmi cables exported the sceen setup file and changed the projector source to vga.
I found that sending a full screen image to the projector and then forcing automatic resync resulted in reproducable results. The problem seemed to occur when the mapped output had a lot of black around the edges of the output,so the projector thought maybe it was not part of the image.
Ok every mask and slice in my mapping seems to be shifted like sb changed the projectors zoom.
It happens on both projectors all over the mapping. Ill do some tests in the club during the next week.

HI5

Post by HI5 »

Just recognize the Notebook was set to scale by gpu and not by display.
This does not sound right but i did never change a setting on the notebook side and exporting screen maps worked before in that constellation.

HI5

Post by HI5 »

I got it. On both projectors the offset settings were changed. I reseted them to deafault and the mapping is tight again. Maybe this happend cause i plugged in and out my hdmi cables to redo the mapping stuff... I dont know for sure. Both projectors were set to the same values. I do not believe anybody changed the settings manual...

HI5

Post by HI5 »

So seems u were right. THX for the hint.