Need some help to set up a Comp / Outputmapping

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
HI5
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Need some help to set up a Comp / Outputmapping

Post by HI5 »

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

I made a reduced test save of the composition and screen setup.
As u can see in the 2 pics below the Mario effect is lining up as intended (Fullscreen) but the Pixels Effect is shifted right and not "full screen" 1/3 is missing.
The Mario effect mirrors without aditional settings in Clip section while the Pxiel FX need to be turned around.
Unbenannt4.png
Unbenannt5.png
What am i missing?

HI5

Post by HI5 »

If you want to troubleshoot the offset issue, maybe you can show it with content that's makes it easier to recognise what's going on. It's kind of hard to see what's right and what's wrong in your screenshot, as I don't know how it's supposed to look. Maybe use masks with the words "LEFT" and "RIGHT" in them, as well as full screen, bright colored content?
Im sorry. It is confusing. I tried to sum it up in my last post and uploaded the files.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Yeah, looks like Luma Waves gets a bit confused when it receives a texture input that is not 4:3. You can already see it just in a regular 16:9 comp applied on 16:9 content.

It's definitely not how it's supposed to be, and I'll make a ticket, but I'm not sure if we can spend too much time on this. Especially seeing how you're the first one to mention this in over 8 years, fixing it might break it for someone else. Luma Waves is generally meant to create a extruded 3d look like you get in the Landscape preset, and not really meant as a pixelation filter.

Since you have the effect as an Effect clip anyway, maybe you can 'smudge' it back to what it's supposed to look like with some positioning and flipping? Or use LoRez instead of Luma Waves on a different Pixel Size setting?

HI5

Post by HI5 »

Since you have the effect as an Effect clip anyway, maybe you can 'smudge' it back to what it's supposed to look like with some positioning and flipping?
Ill do so just got crazy cause ive so many of them and did not understand the different behavior.

THX for your support Joris

HI5

Post by HI5 »

Yeah, looks like Luma Waves gets a bit confused when it receives a texture input that is not 4:3. You can already see it just in a regular 16:9 comp applied on 16:9 content.

It's definitely not how it's supposed to be, and I'll make a ticket, but I'm not sure if we can spend too much time on this. Especially seeing how you're the first one to mention this in over 8 years, fixing it might break it for someone else. Luma Waves is generally meant to create a extruded 3d look like you get in the Landscape preset, and not really meant as a pixelation filter.
Had to take care of all lumawaves and pixels in space
If input comes from layer1 the FX get sized correct.
If input comes from layer2 the FX get cut. (There are missing parts of the fx, wich cant be adjusted)

There was no way to bring it in line with the FX generated from Layer1 by adjusting the clip or layer settings.