Arena 5.1.3 Quit Unexpectedly

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Boscobenedini
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Arena 5.1.3 Quit Unexpectedly

Post by Boscobenedini »

Sometimes the resolume arena 5.1.3 quits unexpectedly, this only occurs when I use PNG files in the composition, does it have anything to do with the size of these files, or the format of them?

Mac Pro Late 2013
8 core 64gb
Memory Flash 512GB
2x Fire Pro D700
OSX 10.12.3 Sierra

HI5
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Arena 5.1.3 Quit Unexpectedly

Post by HI5 »

I also use a lot high res PNG files.
Sometimes resolume freezes for me and i have to close it with the task manager.

I have the feeling this happens with "big" compositions with many clips and FX in them.
Using many high res PNGs as masks will lead to more freezes in my case.

Im using up to 8x40 clips to trigger. Wich seems too much. I have at least 10 freezes and restarts per show.
Using high res PNG masks in autopilot leads to more freezes than usual in my case.

HI5
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by HI5 »

i also tried rendering my maks as DXV videos. But im not done with comparison.
BTW i make all my masks 1.5x the size of the native resolution to have room for zoom.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

High res PNG files and/or lots of PNGs in a deck will do it so my advice to you would be to render all your PNGs as 1 frame (or very short) DXV files.

@ HI5, 8x40 clips per deck is a lot especially with high res files so why don't you try splitting your comp into more decks. Keep in mind that you can switch decks without changing your output so you just need to plan your deck changes in your set to allow enough time to load up all the clips. I typically trigger mine using OSC and time the changes for when I have a longer Q. Whenever possible, I also wait for all my transitions/effects to be done before triggering the deck change.

Also, Resolume scales images quite nicely so you must be zooming your masks a lot, right? As a reminder, if you scale your files 150% in both directions, you end up with a file that 2.25 times the size of your composition so each one of your PNG masks ends uses a lot of resources.

@ Boscobenedini, are you using your 2x Fire Pro D700 for outputs?