Any way to force MIDI controller assignment?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
gpvillamil
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Any way to force MIDI controller assignment?

Post by gpvillamil »

I am trying to use a Korg Kaoss Pad Entrancer to control effects in Resolume. The Entrancer has a touch pad, which sends the X & Y axis as two different controllers.

However, touching the Y axis also sends modulation info. So in Resolume, when I try to assign Y axis MIDI to an effect parameter, Resolume "hears" the modulation message first, not the Y axis positioning message.

Is there any way to force Resolume to use a specific MIDI controller number, ie type in the MIDI controller number directly?

gpvillamil

Post by gpvillamil »

Problem solved, partially.

The problem was that when you touch the pad, it sends an X and a Y signal - ie the controller assigned to X sends its position, then the Y controller sends its position. Since Resolume listens for the first message, it was only picking up the X axis.

The solution was simple - in the MIDI program mode on the Entrancer, disabled sending of all the controls except the Y axis (CC#13), then taught Resolume that control, then re-enabled all the controls again.

Now the problem is that Y axis doesn't match the effect I'm assigning it to - it's inverted. Is there any way of inverting a MIDI program in Resolume ie make 0-127 act as 127-0 instead?

levon
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by levon »

Is there any way of inverting a MIDI program in Resolume ie make 0-127 act as 127-0 instead?

try midiOX, you can remap alot of midi stuff with it

gpvillamil

Post by gpvillamil »

Originally posted by levon
Is there any way of inverting a MIDI program in Resolume ie make 0-127 act as 127-0 instead?

try midiOX, you can remap alot of midi stuff with it
Right, that looks like it might do the trick, but there is a bit of a learning curve involved... Any good resources where I can learn how to better use MIDI OX?