DXV codec not working in Adobe Oct 2017 updates

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
cvanhoose
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: DXV codec not working in Adobe Oct 2017 updates

Post by cvanhoose »

ChrisVids wrote:hi! this discussion is a few months old but yesterday the new updates for after effects and premiere came out and now it seems that dxv-support has ended.
on my computer i can't import any dxv-files into premiere or after effects anymore and - what's even more annoying - i can't export dxv-files anymore. did i miss some workaround or a new container that needs to be used with dxv?

for the moment i will try to get back to the older version of premiere and after effects as i'm working on a project which needs dxv-import and -export.
Same here, just updated and no more support for quicktime rendering. This is not good news for me.
There is also no longer a way to install a previous version from the Creative Cloud app.
I reinstalled a previous version I had stored locally and works fine.
Stay away from the April update if you use AE and AME to render DXV3.

Foggy_Lens
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Foggy_Lens »

In the time being, what would the Resolume staff recommend as a transcoding solution? I don't mind doing an intermediary render to DNxHD, Cineform, or ProRes and then batch to DXV, but what you recommend I use to do that batch? I got so used to AME as a catch-all I'm a little in the dark for other options...

Thanks!
David Murakami
http://www.davidmurakami.com
Projection Designer, Film Director, & Adjunct Faculty at UC Irvine

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

Foggy_Lens wrote:In the time being, what would the Resolume staff recommend as a transcoding solution? I don't mind doing an intermediary render to DNxHD, Cineform, or ProRes and then batch to DXV, but what you recommend I use to do that batch? I got so used to AME as a catch-all I'm a little in the dark for other options...

Thanks!
I’d suggest animation, it’s still supported by adobe and all kinda of batch encoders unlike pro res. A stop gap would be render out to animation and use mpeg streamclip for Dxv.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

New thread here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=15950&p=67461#p67461

Topic closed to keep things in one place.