Enttec DMX USB Pro Input gone in Arena 6?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Re: Enttec DMX USB Pro Input gone in Arena 6?

Post by Oaktown »

Very clever indeed, especially now that touch designer 099 works on both Mac and PCs.

mogul audio
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by mogul audio »

OUCH. This "development" made me so sad :( dmx usb was very easy to use in many cases. What if we need "the only one available network" for something else? SPOUT or something.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

mogul audio wrote:OUCH. This "development" made me so sad :( dmx usb was very easy to use in many cases. What if we need "the only one available network" for something else? SPOUT or something.
One universe of Artnet traffic @ 30 fps needs 130KBits/sec bandwidth.
I don't know of any network where this amount of traffic would make any difference.
BTW, spout won't work over a network.
NDI would, and you can send 8x1080p streams to a gigabit ethernet connection easily.
You'd need about 8000 Artnet universes @ 30 fps to saturate a gigabit ethernet connection.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

mogul audio

Post by mogul audio »

Zoltán wrote:
mogul audio wrote:OUCH. This "development" made me so sad :( dmx usb was very easy to use in many cases. What if we need "the only one available network" for something else? SPOUT or something.
One universe of Artnet traffic @ 30 fps needs 130KBits/sec bandwidth.
I don't know of any network where this amount of traffic would make any difference.
BTW, spout won't work over a network.
NDI would, and you can send 8x1080p streams to a gigabit ethernet connection easily.
You'd need about 8000 Artnet universes @ 30 fps to saturate a gigabit ethernet connection.
We're using tcp spout for spout over network. Works very well! NDI 8x1080p sounds intresting anyaway, I'll check it.

mogul audio

Post by mogul audio »

Why did you removed usb dmx anyway? Does it solved anything?

DayVeeJay
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by DayVeeJay »

If your running Windows you can use Freestyler's DMX to artnet node software. It will let you send artnet data to your usb dmx dongle

movebandit
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by movebandit »

Ouch. Just needed to get an DMX in for some Videotriggering from the Lightdesk. Always have my Enttec USBpro in my toolcase. Easy to setup...but no more USB DMX In/Out supported...shit. Why ? Deleting features is not the nice way.....

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

movebandit wrote:Ouch. Just needed to get an DMX in for some Videotriggering from the Lightdesk. Always have my Enttec USBpro in my toolcase. Easy to setup...but no more USB DMX In/Out supported...shit. Why ? Deleting features is not the nice way.....
I prefer the ethernet port from the lighting desk to the ethernet port on my laptop approach personally. no adapter needed, just a simple cable. :)

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

I prefer the ethernet port from the lighting desk to the ethernet port on my laptop approach personally. no adapter needed, just a simple cable. :)
Same here any day!