From 5.1.4 to 6.0.1 deck problem

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
pette
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: From 5.1.4 to 6.0.1 deck problem

Post by pette »

Hi,
In R5 it is all ok! Others programs too!

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

In Resolume 6, try creating an new composition,
in then files panel enable showing thumbnails and try to navigate to your footage folders, and scroll through the files.
The thumbnails will be generated one by one, if you get a hang on the thumbnail generation there, try to pinpoint the files that cause the hang.
We'd love to take a look at those files.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

enjoykaos
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by enjoykaos »

Hey, I am also working on transferring data from R5 to R6. I have had some actual crashes and some veeerry slow loading, squares in the corner of the clips/patches and fps <5. Computer isnt actually hanging just seems to be processing the load super super slowly. I did manage to copy a section of a deck from one R5 composition and save in a R6 composition. I'm going to go through some R5 decks and simplify, i generally have quite a lot going on in these decks so they are currently maybe not the best for troubleshooting[!]. Ill try making decks with just certain types of clips or sources to see if there is any difference. Oh and ill have a look in the browser to see what happens with those thumbnails loading as suggested above.

Edit: Also R5 compositions aren't showing up in R6 browser. They were in the beta version...

pette
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by pette »

Me too, when I was able to import R5 composition in R6 composition the R6 media browser show me only some files, 92 of 500 files

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

To keep this thread a bit organized, let's make sure we're all following the same steps here:

- You have a Arena 5 or Avenue 4 composition file
- You are running Arena or Avenue 6.0.1
- On 6.0.1, you choose Composition > Open and select the comp file you want to convert to 6
- Resolume now tries to convert the composition file, but it hangs at some point, with a little grey loading bar on a few or a lot of files.

If this is the case for you, please send your original Resolume 4 or 5 .avc file to us. We'd like to take a look at it.

Keep in mind that trying to convert your file by putting it in the Documents folder or dragging it on the application will not work. You can only convert it via Composition > Open.

Also, keep in mind that you should try this on 6.0.1. If you tried it before on 6.0.0 and the composition is now hanging, update to 6.0.1 and try converting the original Resolume 4/5 composition file again.