Resolume 5 detecting wrong resolution

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
A_Face
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Resolume 5 detecting wrong resolution

Post by A_Face »

So this is the second time this has happened and I thought it was user error until my coworker tried to help me and had the same issue on my computer. We were at a gig recently and I had to use his Mac laptop instead of mine because neither of us could get mine to work. For some reason, Resolume was continuously detecting my resolution at 1248 x 1024. It would change to 1248 x 1024 even AFTER I went into Advanced Output and manually changed my width/height of Display 2 to 960 x 540. I tried restarting Resolume 5, I tried restarting my computer, AND I tried power cycling the processor. Here's the setup:

- 960 x 540 LED wall on a Novastar ProHD processor with a direct HDMI output from my laptop into the processor
- laptop is a MSI
- Resolume 5.1.4
- Window 10 Home Edition
- Version 1607
- OS Build 14393.1944
- Intel(R) Core i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz
- Installed Ram 16.0 GB
- 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

My NVIDIA 3D program settings are enabled for Resolume 5. Graphics card is a GeForce GTX 870m.

The Advanced Display settings on Display 2 of my MSI itself are set to 1920 x 1080

My MSI monitor is 1920 x 1080 (and my Display 1 settings match this, as well).

I only plug in my HDMI cable from my laptop to the processor after I have completely finished configuring the LED screen.

I was running a simple graphic for a corporate show, so I was not using any hardware or midi control besides my laptop.

I was not scaled on my individual content loops.

One important thing I should mention is we tried opening up Resolume 6 (we have both versions for work) and this was not an issue in 6. However, I just got 6 so I have not altered the default file in any way and it is completely blank except for the demo loops the software comes with. This makes me think that I have some settings in 5 that are changing my resolution.

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated! I am getting ready to re-make my showfile in 6 anyway, but I want to make sure whatever is happening isn't repeated in my new file. Thanks!

Warspite
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Resolume 5 detecting wrong resolution

Post by Warspite »

Check Windows scaling (right click on empty desktop-Display Settings) - should be 100 percent.
Also check there true resolution Led Processor sends to your videocard via EDID. EDID resolution of processor can be different from LED Wall.