[defect][panels] Moving Monitor panel in the UI has unexpected effects on other panels until R6 is restarted

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Dalvinio
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

[defect][panels] Moving Monitor panel in the UI has unexpected effects on other panels until R6 is restarted

Post by Dalvinio »

Moving the Monitor panel around and resizing it causes other panel titles to be hidden. See attached 'titles of panels below are hidden from view 1.png' (please ignore the highlighted square box in the middle, it's there by accident) and 'titles of panels below are hidden from view 2.png'.

Preview monitor size settings are not retained when R6 is restarted (although the titles of other panels are then correctly shown). See attached 'after restart.png'. Unfortunately, I made the screenshot after resizing, so it doesn't show this and I'm too lazy to redo :D , but when R6 is restarted, the Preview Monitor is a lot smaller than the Output Monitor while they were the same size before restarting R6.
Attachments
titles of panels below are hidden from view 1.png
titles of panels below are hidden from view 2.png
after restart.png

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: [defect][panels] Moving Monitor panel in the UI has unexpected effects on other panels until R6 is restarted

Post by Zoltán »

Seems odd.
Can you recreate this, starting from the default layout?
If so could you send us a screen record or the steps to do it?
Does the Monitor panel get sized to the correct size when you resize the Resolume window?
Also if you get into this state, please save and share the layout file with us, so we can take a look.
Thanks!
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Dalvinio
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: [defect][panels] Moving Monitor panel in the UI has unexpected effects on other panels until R6 is restarted

Post by Dalvinio »

I actually try to reproduce issues from default settings, to ensure I'm not causing the behaviour somehow and to ensure others can reproduce them with the same steps. In this case I've started out from the default layout and dragged the Monitor panel to the top left, attached to the Layers panel.

I'll do this again, but how can I send over a screen capture video?
The forum doesn't allow attaching videos (which is why my recent reports use Animated GIFs).

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Links to a youtobe or vimeo video works.
When you create a post, you dee a video tag button, just put the link between the tags.

I could recreate with the Output monitor panel texts, needed a Resolume restart to actually break.
I created a ticket. #10648
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu