Max Composition size / Image Size

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
VjLuper
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Max Composition size / Image Size

Post by VjLuper »

hej guys!
what are actually the limits for Composition?

and which is the maximum resolution for static image? And, It is the same for Jpg and PNG?

nic

pfelberg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Max Composition size / Image Size

Post by pfelberg »

You´d rather make a small movie with a few static frames than loading several stills into a Resolume´s composition.
Yes, meaning one mov for each still image. This is due to memory usage.
Resolume consumes a lot of water (ram memory) to digest PNGs.

VjLuper
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by VjLuper »

my problem is, need to control 10 projector full HD. Them are on one line, so my idea was to create video 19200x1200 BUT then resolume is very jumpy.
So I wanted to make static background and move them bottom to up, so I prepared some bottomless file 19200x9600, but then resolume cannot load them. Also, after effect have problem to make video so big. Even 3 or 4 frames long

till now I solved with a jpg 16000x8000 (and resolume like it)

I was just curious about the limitation

nic

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

16384x16384

For large comps, you should consider using DXV3 for all your artwork.

Also, if 16384 px is not enough, breakdown your artwork in horizontal bands when you render it and then you can reconcile everything in the advanced output.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

You´d rather make a small movie with a few static frames than loading several stills into a Resolume´s composition.
Yes, meaning one mov for each still image. This is due to memory usage.
Resolume consumes a lot of water (ram memory) to digest PNGs.
To be completely correct, we actually addressed this way back around Resolume 4.2. It was clear that people wanted to just drag and drop whatever into a composition, without being restricted.

So we switched to "deferred loading" for still images and exotic video codecs. This is a fancy term for not having the file open as long as it's in the deck, but only when you're actually playing it. Between that change, and Resolume 6 being 64 bit, it's becoming very hard to make Resolume run out of memory.

The downside is this does give a slight hickup when you trigger non-optimised content. So if you like finger drumming or need super sync triggering, you still want to convert to DXV. If you're just using a large still as a background, you're good with just using the still as it is.