Resolume 6 Wave Warp

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
enjoykaos
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Resolume 6 Wave Warp

Post by enjoykaos »

Hey guys,

R6 Wave Warp. When you put the speed level up the wave becomes less smooth. Ive recorded a few speed settings with sin and with tri selected. The bits at the end are examples of how im using the wave warp just for fun. I used it a lot on 5 and it definitely didn't do this.

Im also wondering if the pin is right. Haven't illustrated that in the video but it seems to only really pin three of the sides.

cheeeers in advance))

phpBB [video]

enjoykaos

Re: Resolume 6 Wave Warp

Post by enjoykaos »

b u m p

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

To me it looks like the behavior is the same as in R5 regarding the smoothness, and edge pinning.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

enjoykaos

Post by enjoykaos »

hmm oki im pretty sure 5 didnt glitch like that.. but actually i mostly never pushed the speed so much. ill give it a test..

enjoykaos

Wave warp jaggies

Post by enjoykaos »

Hi guys, i posted about wave warp a while ago - thinking it had broken when it was remade for 6. I just checked back to 5 and as was suggested it is the same, so not broken in 6 as such more like always a bit broken. :) dont want to seem ungrateful - big Resolume fan.. but is it possible to make it so that when you increase the speed it stays smooth.. currently the default preset looks like a cross between the square and sine unless you put the speed to 0 or near to.. Would suggest making the default preset have speed = zero - it really looks kinda bad coming out like that.. Also.. the pinning isn't great - to make it go edge to edge you have to make the source oversize.
love n lumens n that ;)

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Wave warp jaggies

Post by Zoltán »

enjoykaos wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 09:34is it possible to make it so that when you increase the speed it stays smooth.. currently the default preset looks like a cross between the square and sine unless you put the speed to 0 or near to..
Which Resolume version are you using exactly now?
Would suggest making the default preset have speed = zero - it really looks kinda bad coming out like that..

You know, you can create presets ;) https://resolume.com/support/en/effects#presets
Also.. the pinning isn't great - to make it go edge to edge you have to make the source oversize.
love n lumens n that ;)
Have you tried the wave warp before Transform?
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

enjoykaos

Post by enjoykaos »

Hiya Zoltan.. was actually looking at how to to tag you in that post thanks for the consolidation..

Using latest resolume 6 arena on windows 10 machines.

Yes very familiar with the results of placing effects on either side of the transform.

I can make presets, coff lol, no way, how is that possible?

Um yeh anyway seems a shame that the wave warp will remain knackered. i will continue to use it extensively.

Aand yeh.. shurely it would make sense to be able to make it wave without introducing the jaggies. Perhaps its difficult to achieve.

enjoykaos

Post by enjoykaos »

Ok so yeh just went back to check on this. Pinning does not work regardless of where the transform is.
And when you have the effect sped up the sine looks like a stepped sine. :roll:

Resolume 6 win10 etc etc.

Tempted to engage in sarcasm at this point but yeh, im sticking by my earlier assertion that wave warp is broken. Literally just trying to help improve the program.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Which 6.x.x version exactly?

We have a ticket for this, but I can't seem to be able to recreate any more on my machines.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Tempted to engage in sarcasm at this point but yeh, im sticking by my earlier assertion that wave warp is broken. Literally just trying to help improve the program.
The problem is that the behavior has been this way since Wave Warp was introduced in Resolume 3 and people are used to how it works. When we make even the tiniest changes to effects, people will notice and rightfully complain. The Stingy Sphere rewrite on Resolume 6 was a good example of where we ended up spending way too much dev time on this.

So even though you make a good point that it can be considered broken, it’s a big call for us to introduce any changes to it.