BUG: Spacing X Value sometimes not updating visually when duplicating Text Block

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
craftycurate
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

BUG: Spacing X Value sometimes not updating visually when duplicating Text Block

Post by craftycurate »

I have a Text Block with 3 lines of text, and Spacing X is set to 0.45 to track the text out a bit.

About 50% of the time, when I duplicate this clip to another cell (either by Ctrl+Drag or Ctrl-C/V, the displayed text in the new clip appears to have a Spacing X value of 0, although the Spacing X parameter for the clip continues to display 0.45.

Launching the clip does not correct the problem - I have to make an adjustment to Spacing X for it to display correctly.

I haven't found a set of circumstances to reproduce it 100%.

UPDATE: Definitely something strange. After duplicating the clip, some of the older copies of this clip (I have duplicated it about 10 times in the current set) are also now displaying the same problem - showing no tracking visually, but SpacingX set to 0.45.

The clip also scales up from 80 to 100% using Timeline One Shot mode.

I'm running the latest release version of Arena 6 (6.0.6 rev 60749)
Win7 x64 Pro | 8GB | Nvidia Go 650M/2GB

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: BUG: Spacing X Value sometimes not updating visually when duplicating Text Block

Post by Zoltán »

I can't seem to be able to recreate either on windows or mac.
craftycurate wrote:I have a Text Block with 3 lines of text, and Spacing X is set to 0.45 to track the text out a bit.
that's 0.45 % right?

When you save the composition and re-open, do these incorrect states look the same?
if so, please attach your composition so we can take a look.
Thanks!
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

craftycurate

Re: BUG: Spacing X Value sometimes not updating visually when duplicating Text Block

Post by craftycurate »

I need to experiment more but it isn’t just with a value of 0.45 now.

Now I’m finding new symptoms. When I close R6 and reopen the comp, when I go to that deck and trigger the clips in question, sometimes they begin with a visual Spacing X value of 0, and immediately jump visually to the correct value without any intervention or change to the parameter value, and are fine after that.

So closing and reopening produces inconsistent results in connection with this problem.

Also, I found I don’t have to duplicate the clip. I saw the same effect earlier with a new Text Block clip which had no animation on the Scale parameter.

Also, I found that other parameters are behaving the same way - on two occasions I found that Line Width was not respected in the appearance of the clip. It had been set to 1920, and then reduced to create a left/right margin, but it visually reverted to 1920 until altered.

Will attach comp as soon as I can. Am preparing for a live show this evening now but will s nd to the support email as soon as I can.

Cheers
Richard

craftycurate

Post by craftycurate »

Comp file has been emailed directly to support. Won't post here as it contains client info.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Thank you for the composition file!
I could recreate the issue you see with it, I'll create a ticket. (#11048)
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu