Spout issues/ Output Issues!

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Jinx75
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Spout issues/ Output Issues!

Post by Jinx75 »

I have two questions I need help with-
1- We have a Max/MSP patch with spout successfully going out to Arena 6. We are seeing a significant frame drop and degradation of the image in Arena. From 60 to 25 FPS. I have a recent MSI laptop with an NVIDiA graphics card, which I understand has caused issues for people. Anyone experience these issues with spout? What helped? I need the mapping capabilities in 6 to run this patch and tweak it on the fly.
My second question is that my laptop on Arena 5, when attached to a single monitor, showed in outputs a Monitor 1, and a Monitor 4. No monitor 2. And advanced output did not work at all. Now I have upgraded to 6- advanced outputs appear to work fine, but output listing still says Monitor 4 rather than monitor 2, which makes me nervous. Any idea what is going on?
My specs
MSI 6RF Signature Edition
Processor- Intel Core 17-6700HQ 2.60 GHZ
RAM- 16.0- Installed- 15 GB usable
64 Bit
Graphics Card- NVIDIA- GTX1060
Much appreciate any help you can give me!

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Spout issues/ Output Issues!

Post by Zoltán »

1. We are seeing a significant frame drop and degradation of the image in Arena. From 60 to 25 FPS.
Indeed there seems something odd going on with spout. I see the same on a 1080Ti. We're working on it, ticket #11156
Jinx75 wrote:output listing still says Monitor 4 rather than monitor 2, which makes me nervous. Any idea what is going on?
This is windows saying that the second Display you have connected is not Display 2, but Display 4.
We can't do much about it.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Isse
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Isse »

Zoltán wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 17:16 Indeed there seems something odd going on with spout.

Has this been solved?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Isse wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 18:40
Zoltán wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 17:16 Indeed there seems something odd going on with spout.
Has this been solved?
Yes, in 6.0.8
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Isse
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Isse »

Zoltán wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 20:15 Yes, in 6.0.8
Excellent, thank you Zoltán