OSC Sync between two playback machines *SOLVED*

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
najrock
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

OSC Sync between two playback machines *SOLVED*

Post by najrock »

I have two Macs connected to my network running Arena 6. I am using OSC out from my main over port 7000 to send my commands to the backup mac so I can mirror the session.

the issue I am having is that the messages are not actually triggering the clips... I am seeing all the osc being sent, but the session does not necessarily execute the command on the backup. I have tried using bundles and it seems better but then the commands aren't precise.

It never switches the decks, and i usually need to trigger a clip like five times before it actually triggers on the backup. But I an see the commands coming in in the pref browser so I am a little confused as to what setting I am messing up...

My A1 is forcing me to use the his dante network through a 1gb cisco switch for my audio output, could this be interfering?
Last edited by najrock on Wed May 09, 2018 17:27, edited 1 time in total.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Re: OSC Sync between two playback machines

Post by Oaktown »

My A1 is forcing me to use the his dante network through a 1gb cisco switch for my audio output, could this be interfering?
Most likely! Are you using Dante Virtual Soundcard?

I would recommend you use a dedicated network for OSC especially in a master/slave setup.

Assuming you have an available port, you could use a USB3 to Ethernet adapter on your master and tether directly to your slave using a good CAT6A cable. As a note, I personally use copper for anything above 100ft.

najrock

Post by najrock »

ya were using DVS. I am going to probably buy those 1/8inch to Dante adapters and try to get my network dedicated cause the two handed double computer clip launch life is weakening lol

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

najrock wrote: the issue I am having is that the messages are not actually triggering the clips... I am seeing all the osc being sent, but the session does not necessarily execute the command on the backup.
With the Osc output all preset, you get more messages you actually need on the slave.
This particular case happens because you get a selectedclip/connect and a layers/clips/connect at about the same time. So depending on the timing, it can happen that the clip that was playing and is selected is relaunced cancelling the new clip's launch in the same layer.

I have created an OSC master preset, that has all basic controls mapped.
You can add your own custom messages paricular to your workflow, like for instance controls for effects.
master.zip
(4.89 KiB) Downloaded 766 times
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

I have created an OSC master preset, that has all basic controls mapped.
You can add your own custom messages paricular to your workflow, like for instance controls for effects.
master.zip
(4.89 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Awesome! Thank you Zoltán.

najrock

Post by najrock »

This Master preset has eliminated the issue and is now rock solid with the dante DVS as my audio output

Thanks Zoltan :mrgreen:

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

najrock wrote:This Master preset has eliminated the issue and is now rock solid with the dante DVS as my audio output

Thanks Zoltan :mrgreen:
That's great news, You're welcome! :)
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu