midi controller lights not communicating properly

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
suzybee
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

midi controller lights not communicating properly

Post by suzybee »

Hi guys,
I have a LIVID CNTRL:L midi controller which i love using with my resolume.
The buttons light up when activated but recently some of the the lights aren't responding when i click on them while others are still working fine.
The ones that still work are the simple independent on/off buttons, for example a button set to bypass an effect or show the effect.
The ones that aren't working are where pressing one button changes a setting from one thing to another. For example i have 4 different blend modes for each layer and i have different buttons to choose which blend mode i want. Up until recently, the one i pressed would light up and whichever one was lit up before would go off.
So whichever blend mode was activated the corresponding button would be illuminated.
But now one of them seems to be lit up permanently for no apparent reason and the others don't light up when i click on them any more. So the contorller isn't able to show which blend mode is currently activated.
This seems a shame when it was working perfectly before and i can't figure out why it's not working now.
Is there something i'm doing wrong? Could it be a bug in resolume or do you think there's a fault with my controller?
Thanks for your help!
Suzybee :)

sachismo
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: midi controller lights not communicating properly

Post by sachismo »

Hi Suzybee. I was just going to post about this same issue..

It is definitely a software issue. It happened starting on 6.0.8 on both mac and windows. Good news is you download and run the installer for 6.0.7 Everything should go back to normal. Just will be missing some new features and bug fixes..

Can someone from Resolume confirm whether this is actually a bug or any intentional change in midi functionality?

One interesting thing for me is that when I chose midi buttons by position to select set blend modes, the buttons will display correctly each time that layer itself is re-selected by GUI or controller. So seems there is just a missing update send somewhere..

Thanks!

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Looks like this is indeed broken since 6.0.8
I created a ticket we'll look into it.
(#11385)
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

suzybee
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by suzybee »

Hi Sachismo and Zoltan,

Thanks so much for your helpful replies, it's great to know it's something that will get sorted without me having to do loads of work to get there! Yay! :)

I'll carry on without worrying about the glitch for now and look forward to a future update to correct it.

Thanks and enjoy the summer!
Suzybee :)