Arena 6.1.1 trasport settings bug

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
madido
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Arena 6.1.1 trasport settings bug

Post by madido »

Hello,
When I switch a clip from SMPTE to timeline all transport settings (loop,bounce etc.) are restored to default state

Arena 6.1.1 on Win 10

Stefano

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Arena 6.1.1 trasport settings bug

Post by Zoltán »

Yes, as the SMPTE transport doesn't have these options we don't keep them around.
I guess you'd like to have them?

Could you describe your use case where this would be useful for you?
Thanks!
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

madido
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Arena 6.1.1 trasport settings bug

Post by madido »

Hi,
when I have SMPTE clips, in case of problems with LTC or stutters, as soon as the clip is chased by ltc I switch to timeline to have a perfectly smooth playback.
In this case the clip continue to play (in fact is in "continue" mode even if "restart" is checked) but in loop mode, so I have to switch manually to "play once" to be sure that it stops at the end.

All of this because I cannot have a very smooth playback when chasing to ltc is involved; tried a lot of different sound cards, buffers, ltc sources, but with certain kind of clips (very slow movements) there is always little, very annoying, stutters.
On the other hand from version 6 timeline playback is perfect.

I often use your OSC remote software to trigger clips with ltc, but I would like to have the option to do it directly in Arena.
In fact I think that a preference to trigger the clip as soon as spmte offset is reached would be a very good option…

Thank you

Stefano