SMPTE video file format mystery

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Lightapprentice
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

SMPTE video file format mystery

Post by Lightapprentice »

Hi community,

I am having some trouble with triggering a file correctly with SMPTE in Resolume from Ableton.

Here the situation: I created the video file with Blackmagic Resolve 16, 27.97 ndf in Quicktime Photo Jpeg format, then converted to DXV3 with Alley. Thats the file I have in my Resolume on a WIn10 machine.

In Ableton (on a Mac) I have the respective SMTPE and connected Ableton via external soundcard to my external soundcard (Apogee One). I have set the SMPTE settings to the correct parts in Resolume and here is the peculiar thing: When I trigger my file, the midi clock is running, but it's playing the video file only on half speed. When I test it with another file (also DXV3 , but created by another person), that file is triggered at normal speed with the exact same incoming SMPTE.

So this makes me believe that the trouble lies somewhere in my conversion/export format. Is there some settings that I am not aware of, like timecode BPM settings during file conversion or so, that could be responsible for this behavior?

Many thanks in advance, I am very grateful for any ideas.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: SMPTE video file format mystery

Post by Arvol »

What is your LTC audio file's frame rate set to? 30?
Under audio in Resolume settings, make sure your SMPTE settings match those of the audio file you are playing back to control your playhead.

Converting your video file shouldn't have any affect on it's playback speed. Did you use Alley to convert it?

Lightapprentice
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Lightapprentice »

Hi Arvol, thanks for the response. LTC file is set to 29.97, same as video file and also Resolume smpte fps settings.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Does the clip play with normal speed if you set it to timeline mode? (composition speed at 1.)

What do the Video track properties in Resolume say for the file, FPS and duration?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

I wrote this earlier and deleted but maybe right click the plus or minus button beside duration.

I've had alot of people calling me about timecode going slow because of this new option.