New Column generated automatically

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
movebandit
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

New Column generated automatically

Post by movebandit »

Hello,
perhaps theres a Workaround/Solution for my Problem:

Setup:
I generate a trigger from Touchdesigner for "Next Column" to play all Columns as an endless Loop. (Workaround for the missing "Column Autopilot"). Its for a permanent Installation. Resolume and Touchdesigner starts automatically when PC is switched on. Everything is working fine.

Problem:
Resolume generates everytime the composition is loaded an empty column at the end. So after the last programmed column i always play an emtpy column. After deleting it manually everything works fine. But it´s not possible to delete this empty column everytime the system starts automatically. Number of Columns are changing, so it´s not possible to trigger the programmed Columns directly by number.........

Any Suggestions ?

Greets

Maze

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: New Column generated automatically

Post by Arvol »

This is standard operating conditions. You'll need to change your programming up in TD. You can send a ? OSC poll to Resolume and get back values for anything you poll. Do some logic in TD with the ? to ask how many clips are loaded into your deck, and then use that number to drive your auto-pilot system.

I wouldn't expect Arena to change it's standard operating procedures over something you can fix with your custom patch. Adding a blank column is vital for most people as it allows for quick access to drag and drop or paste ;)

movebandit
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by movebandit »

The Poll is a nice Idea. But do you know the Osc command to get back the number of columns ? Cant´t find the right one...

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Currently Resolume doesn't have a command to get the number of columns.
Sending '?' to an address with wildcard like /composition/columns/*/name should return all column names.
Maybe that would help.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu