OSC Controllers Windows

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
VJH0
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

OSC Controllers Windows

Post by VJH0 »

Hello!

I am looking to create all sorts of custom controllers for my setup starting with Guitar Hero, and wii remotes - I have heard great things about OSCulator but things seems to only be for Apple products, whereas I am running on Windows.

Does anyone know any good Windows OSC places that they can point me in so that I can find a good place to start, so that I can start turning these into OSC controllers, to use within Resolume ?

It would be hilariously amazing to get out on stage and use the guitar hero guitar, to start triggering visuals.

Many thanks! :D

dep
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: OSC Controllers Windows

Post by dep »

I have used vvvv as an OSC bridge, before. Actually, I also used a Wiimote, then translated into another application.

You can probably achieve your goals with vvvv as a mediator. I do not know how you are connecting the Guitar Hero guitar, but at least Wiimote to OSC control of Resolume is absolutely doable this way.

deflost

Post by deflost »

for all this is isadora genius.
and you can test everything expect saving your patch for free.

r.h.
westfernsehen, leipzig

VJH0

Post by VJH0 »

The current GH setup I have is 2 Xbox 360 wireless GH guitars, but from what you say it seems it might be easier to invest in the Nintendo wii format or a wired xbox one, I think there is a dongle available but I don't know as to how good these are.

Brilliant thanks very much for the responses guys! Very much appreciated

I'll get to get cracking into these over the next couple of weeks and will hopefully have it working for a set in April, and I'll post the results!!