Set Random Playback on Entire Composition or Group

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
weird_design_studio
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Set Random Playback on Entire Composition or Group

Post by weird_design_studio »

Is there a way to set a random playback on the entire composition or group in Arena 7?

I want to map it to a momentary piano style key, so that when it's pressed, the playback is random, but when it's released it goes back to normal. This doesn't seem possible any longer in Arena 7. It was something I used frequently. Any ideas or work arounds would be appreciated.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Set Random Playback on Entire Composition or Group

Post by Zoltán »

Try mapping all the layer play modes to the same key, Mode set to Random, piano checked.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

weird_design_studio
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by weird_design_studio »

unfortunately, you can only set the Speed, Interval and Distance of Random Playback Mode on each individual "Clip" control, and not on "Layer", "Group", or "Composition" Controls

Also there is no way to set a default for these values (Speed, Interval and Distance ), as far as I can tell. The default values don't achieve the effect I want, and to go through and change them for EVERY clip is way too much work and maintenance.

I understand the added benefit of these speed, interval and distance parameters, but unfortunately it's come at the cost of another feature that was very easy and useful; Random Playback on the Composition

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu