Adjusting 'opacity' quickly reveals darkened diagonal glitches in output

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
vjbillyum
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Adjusting 'opacity' quickly reveals darkened diagonal glitches in output

Post by vjbillyum »

A) Problem: Rapidly changing any layer's (or clip's... or composition's) opacity, temporarily reveals a big dark diagonal from top right to bottom left of the output. Sometimes the diagonal is top left to bottom right, but the same thing... basically a flickering shade on everything below or above a diagonal of the output. It only shows when the opacity is being changed quickly if I move it from 0to100 over a few seconds, I don't see this...

B) This can be seen in the output monitor and the output. But I don't see it in any of the Panel Monitors.

C) A weird observation is if I have the output monitor with preview above and below, the diagonal goes from the top left of the output monitor above to the bottom right of the preview monitor below. If I change that to side-by-side, the shady flickering diagonal essentially is going from the corners of both of these output and preview monitors as though they were one.

D) Another weird observation is if I output to my second display, I see this diagonal bs on the output there... Butttttttt then it goes away on the output monitor!

I have searched and not been able to find someone with this issue. I recently switched to a new (used) computer running Windows 10, it's a Lenovo Yoga 720-151KB. I was wondering if it's some frame rate or screen refresh rate thing but I see it with all different videos, fps settings, and it doesn't show in panel Monitors (note B) and it goes away in the output monitor if I am outputting it to a screen (note D). Please help.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Adjusting 'opacity' quickly reveals darkened diagonal glitches in output

Post by Zoltán »

Do you have the Yoga with the 1050, and latest GPU drivers?

Is Resolume assigned to run on the nvida?
You can check this enabling Show display info and sending to an output. You'll see some text on the output, the Renderer card line should say nvidia 1050, and ideally the GFX card too.

Is Vsync on in the nvidia 3d settings?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

vjbillyum
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by vjbillyum »

Zoltán wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 18:25 Do you have the Yoga with the 1050, and latest GPU drivers?
Yes, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050, and no... driver version 442.50. Am updating now to 451.67, and that's a win in itself, thanks for helping me catch that!
Zoltán wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 18:25 Is Resolume assigned to run on the nvida?
You can check this enabling Show display info and sending to an output. You'll see some text on the output, the Renderer card line should say nvidia 1050, and ideally the GFX card too.
Renderer: 1050.
GFX card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 630.
Zoltán wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 18:25 Is Vsync on in the nvidia 3d settings?
Vertical sync is currently set to "Use the application setting".

Thanks for your help!
-VJ Billyum

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Ok,
Try setting vsyns to On.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu