Problem with clip Transitions

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Andy Isays
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Problem with clip Transitions

Post by Andy Isays »

Hi everywan,

The layer common transition is working with "Show layer transitions" but that is not what i want.

I want to set transitions on each individual clip and i dont find the way to do that.

Thanks.

Empyfree
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: Problem with clip Transitions

Post by Empyfree »

Not possible in the sense you’re thinking of. But you can do a lot of creative “transitions” by using envelopes on opacity and transforms.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Setting transition modes per clip is not an option but you can set Shortcuts (keyboard, MIDI, DMX or OSC) to easily change transitions between clips.

Let's say you want to use keyboard shortcuts, use three different transition modes on the selected layer, then you would assign three shortcuts on the transition selector with your selected transitions and keyboard strokes. Once your shortcuts are programmed you can use them to easily change transitions. Note that you can even change the transition mode in the middle of a transition.

Take a look at this short video:

phpBB [video]

Andy Isays
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Andy Isays »

Oaktown wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 18:57 Setting transition modes per clip is not an option but you can set Shortcuts (keyboard, MIDI, DMX or OSC) to easily change transitions between clips.

Let's say you want to use keyboard shortcuts, use three different transition modes on the selected layer, then you would assign three shortcuts on the transition selector with your selected transitions and keyboard strokes. Once your shortcuts are programmed you can use them to easily change transitions. Note that you can even change the transition mode in the middle of a transition.

Take a look at this short video:

phpBB [video]

I really appreciate the answer. I´ll try that way.

Thank you!