remove any crossfade between specific clips

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
John Crix
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

remove any crossfade between specific clips

Post by John Crix »

I'm new here, so apologies if I'm missing the obvious or failing to find a known workaround.

Here's the situation:
I have one layer of clips, A,B,C,D,E,F... which I shall trigger manually, in sequence. I've set the layer level Transition parameters to Blend Mode = Add, Duration = 1.5 seconds - i.e. a simple 1.5 second crossfade.

This is exactly as I want it for most of the layer, except that I want clip D to automatically follow clip C without my having to trigger it manually. Clip C is not a loop so I've set its Transport parameter to Play Once & Clear, and Autopilot to Play Next Clip. This is fine, except that I don't want any transition at all between clips C and D - i.e. I want the movie edit equivalent of a jump cut, I want frame 1 of clip D to immediately follow the last frame of clip C, without any fading or whatever.

My problem is that I don't seem to be able to get rid of the crossfade.

I've tried putting clips C and D in their own layer, but this means clip B persists when I trigger C. I've also tried various clip level Blend Modes in C and D - but to no avail.

Searching the forum I found this: https://resolume.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13532 from 2012. I'm wondering if this is my problem. If it is, I can't seem to get the workaround to work - but will try harder if someone can confirm that this is my only solution.

thanks for your attention

John

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: remove any crossfade between specific clips

Post by Zoltán »

Sounds like you'd need to set the layer transition time back to 0 for these clips.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu