MIDI Maps not saving - Arena 7

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
SQUNTO
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

MIDI Maps not saving - Arena 7

Post by SQUNTO »

I am currently running into a reoccurring issue of midi shortcut mappings not saving despite repeatedly "saving as" and updating a version.

It's seemingly random, and an hour of work can easily be lost due to this mysterious saving issue.

For reference, I am triggering "time coded" visuals using virtual midi from ableton and mapping numerous parameters to midi signals from my mixer to manipulate the visuals with the controls of the mixer during a DJ performance.

This leads to quite a lot of midi shortcuts, realistically far more than the average VJ Arena user who is just controlling a visual set with an APC or something.

Previously iterations of this project had well over 1000 shortcuts, so it's really important that everything saves as several hours of work could easily be several hundred shortcuts.

I am running into the issue of exiting arena after saving my composition and midi shortcut mapping and having numerous shortcuts missing upon on reloading and selecting the same map. Mostly notably it seems to want to delete column triggers and group parameter mappings. Clip triggers seem to be mostly unaffected.

Anyone else running into this? It's a pretty fatal issue at the moment as it is preventing me from working on this project.

- SQUNTO

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: MIDI Maps not saving - Arena 7

Post by Zoltán »

Do you touch the preset files on the disk directly in any way?

Are you also saving the composition?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu