Masking question

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Marvel Feranti
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Masking question

Post by Marvel Feranti »

Hi,

I am trying something very simple but it proofs to be hard to accomplish; I want to mask out a dj stage so i can position it over a vj background and then put it out as a livestream.(that part is covered) I use a webcam to film the stage, use it as an input and then mix visuals behind and in front of it.
I made this try out example with my kitchen as 'the dj stage'. So how is this not working? one slice takes the input from the webcam the other slice from a group with a couple of content layers. The slices are masked but The top mask, masks also the the bottom slice. Is this even possible or am doing something totally wrong here ?

any help is much appreciated! :D

Nils
Attachments
Screenshot 2020-08-18 at 18.18.08.png
Screenshot 2020-08-18 at 18.17.59.png
Screenshot 2020-08-18 at 18.17.45.png

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Masking question

Post by He2neg »

So...you want to have the full imag of the visuals when the "kitchen" is not shown? ....

I would place the kitchen inside a layer and dont even use advanced output for that...

png / jpeg can be placed inside layers to be used as mask....
also there are some usefull effects you can use on the "kitchen layer" to have some nice stuff going on...

You also may dont need any mask, you may can just mask out the black or place a greenscreen behind the dj etc etc....
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~