Effect Drag and Drop stops working. can't click top left of screen

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
aKeerd
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Effect Drag and Drop stops working. can't click top left of screen

Post by aKeerd »

Hi all, not new to Resolume but new here. Recently started working with Avenue 7.2.1 on mac and I am regularly having 2 issues.

1. randomly in certain Compositions, I'll be building a show (using sources, layering effects and whatnot) and all of the sudden I can't drag and drop any effects anywhere. It just seems to stop working. I'll click an effect to drag onto anything and the selected area that I'm hovering over doesn't show any indication that when i let go of my mouse, the effect will be placed there. Sure enough when I let go of my mouse while dragging an effect, nothing happens. I'm not changing any preferences in between it working fine and then not working. The only way to fix the problem is to close and re-open...

2. the other issue I have every time, no matter what, is I can't click anything in the top left corner of the screen in Resolume. I've tried opening other applications on my computer, restarting my computer, 100% of the time I can't select my top layer controls and sometimes can only open preferences by using the command. I usually have to load an extra blank layer so that I don't have to scroll up and down to control the top layer. When I try to click the top left screen my mouse almost seems to click through the window (greying out my "close, minimize, maximize" window buttons). This problem is for sure only happening in resolume on my computer.

Any assistance with either of these problems would be greatly appreciated

here are my computer stats if that helps

Mac Mini (2018) [purchased in July 2020 new]
3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7
64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 Memory
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
2TB SSD

Thanks!

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Effect Drag and Drop stops working. can't click top left of screen

Post by Zoltán »

Drag and drop not working any more could be a limit in OSX on how many files or clips you can have open at the same time.

The issue happens because OSX limits Resolume to only be able to open 256 files for some reason.
What you can do, would be setting the limits manually. This would require a bit of manual tweaking, but luckily we found a script which can do these tweaks for you.
Please open up Terminal.app and copy paste these lines into it one by one:
curl -O https://gist.githubusercontent.com/tomb ... 7b/load.sh
chmod +x load.sh
sudo ./load.sh

Press Enter after pasting each of them.
To verify it worked, please restart your machine, and open Terminal.app
paste this command and press Enter:
launchctl limit maxfiles

The response should say:
maxfiles 524288 524288

If that's the case, Resolume 7 should be able to open your composition and all the files in it.
If it fails, you might need to disable system integrity protection and try again: https://macreports.com/how-to-disable-a ... on-on-mac/

Top left corner clicking no worky sounds like you might have Windowed output enabled to your display.
For some reason Resolume can't get mouse actions, on the top left corder area of the windowed output.
You can disable the output in the Output menu.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

aKeerd
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Effect Drag and Drop stops working. can't click top left of screen

Post by aKeerd »

this helps a ton thank you!!! :D