Timecode probable operator error

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
willtom
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Timecode probable operator error

Post by willtom »

Hi all

I am outputting LTC from QLab and receiving it in arena 6 & 7 on Windows. No matter what framerate I set in qlab/arena preferences (including trying mismatched framerates) it seems that Arena is running fast in some way. After watching 5 mins of timecode come out of qlab, the counter in Arena is showing 01:05:26.xx.

Me second issue is with setting a clip to sync from timecode. In Arena 6, every source except a dxv or an mp4 file seems to allow me to select to sync from timecode, while in Arena 7, no sources allow me to select to sync from timecode at all.

I'm certain this is a lack of knowing how, rather than an actual problem, but can anybody help please?

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Timecode probable operator error

Post by Arvol »

In Resolume 7 be sure your audio hardware is setup correctly in the preference panel first, then you should be good to go. Here's a video of me show it works in version 7:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1S0l_3 ... p=drive_fs

I've toured many years with Arena 6 and 7 using LTC to drive our entire show. Haven't had any issues with sync. I always ran the LTC audio from a computer in monitor world that was split to FOH to drive lighting and then to SR to drive my video world. I would check your qlab settings. I personally used the following site to generate my LTC and just played back the .wav files:

http://elteesee.pehrhovey.net/

But I've also had friends use qlab generated LTC with success with Resolume as well.

willtom

Post by willtom »

Thanks for the video. I think the drift issue was a lack of consistency between 44.1k and 48k audio, trying afresh today there seems not to be any drift now.

However, on trying a number of different video files (in multiple codecs) when I right click and go to the transport menu I only get options for timeline and bpm sync. I have likely missed something somewhere, any more tips?

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

44.1 and 48 are your sample rates, and can cause drifts, along with pops/click since the clock timings are off and trying to reset.

For your video files, I would Always recommend that you convert everything to DXV3, You're going to get much better results by doing that.
What file types are not working? You have to a clip that has a playhead/timeline to drive, so sources and still images won't work.

willtom

Post by willtom »

I keep returning to this and cannot reproduce the problem any more. Could've been any number of things, probably the filetypes as you suggested, but it seems resolved whatever it was.