No audio out on Mac

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Hoogerj
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

No audio out on Mac

Post by Hoogerj »

Hi,

Newbie here, downloaded trial version of Avenue this week. Very impressed.

Bumped into the following problem on my Macbook (Catalina 10.15.7):

When I want to route audio into Avenue via USB, the built in output of my Mac doesn't output any sound. In the Avenue preferences I selected the class compliant usb interface (an Elektron Model Cycles synth), as well as all the right input and output-options according to the manual.

In the composition tab in Avenue, under Audio, I selected external FFT and I see that there is audio incoming (the green graph shows movement when I sent audio from the Cycles). I just don't hear anything coming out of my headphones plugged in to my Mac. What am I doing wrong? The same type of routing with Ableton does give me audio out, so it's not a hardware problem.

Cheers, John

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: No audio out on Mac

Post by He2neg »

The Audio cant be routet through....

The input can be used as ffgl trigger in various ways.

Sound out is only for Audiofiles played inside avenue as media.

So either you need to split your signal to have it twice and send on into avenue to use as external ffgl and take the other "around" avenue and send it to the desitantion you want it

or

you play the audiofiles inside arena and use a loop in if you need to have the sound as a external ffgl as well
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

Hoogerj
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: No audio out on Mac

Post by Hoogerj »

Many thanks for explaining!