text block saved with black colour opens with white colour

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
p8guitar
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

text block saved with black colour opens with white colour

Post by p8guitar »

Why does Resolume change the colour of a text block from black to white when I open my composition?
Text Block with black colour when composition is saved.jpg
Text Block with black colour when composition is saved.jpg (17.43 KiB) Viewed 5066 times
Text Block with white colour when composition is opened.jpg
Text Block with white colour when composition is opened.jpg (17.03 KiB) Viewed 5066 times

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: text block saved with black colour opens with white colour

Post by Zoltán »

Works fine for me in 7.2.1
Are you using Text block source or effect?
Which Resolume version?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

p8guitar

Post by p8guitar »

I'm using the text block source within Arena 7.2.1.

I think I misunderstood how the different color UIs work together. I thought that the pick, hsb, rgb, and Palette UIs are alternative options, so when I activate one UI, this would disable all envelopes and all parameter animations that were set before in the other color UIs. But the UIs are not alternative, but complementary?
I had a clip where I chose the color red in the HSB UI and assigned a timeline with an envelope to brightness. Then I copied this clip, set "timeline" to "basic", acivated the Pick UI and chose the color black.
Today I saw that there was still the envelope active when I look in the HSB UI. I disabled the envelope and now the text block writes with black color like it should... :-)
brightness basic and envelope.jpg
By the way - what happens when I activate an envelope and the "basic" parameter behaviour? I cannot set the time that the envelope uses to change the parameter, like with the timeline or clip position. Is the parameter immediately set to the value of the end of the envelope? And what's the point, why would one do this?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

p8guitar wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 18:33 But the UIs are not alternative, but complementary?
Yes, they are different interfaces for the same parameters.
By the way - what happens when I activate an envelope and the "basic" parameter behaviour? I cannot set the time that the envelope uses to change the parameter, like with the timeline or clip position. Is the parameter immediately set to the value of the end of the envelope? And what's the point, why would one do this?
With basic you can set the parameter phase yourself. The envelope can be used to give the param a response curve.
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

p8guitar

Post by p8guitar »

I still don't get it... :? What duration has the response curve? Is it 1 ms, one beat? Can I change the duration / time that the response curve needs to animate the parameter?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

It has no duration in Basic mode, think of it like a multiplier.

If you switch the parameter to timeline, then the animation will have a duration. The Envelope acts the same then, it's just being moved by a timeline instead of the mouse.
X axis is the time(phase), Y is the output value.