Dashboard dials do not reset to zero

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
elbundlo
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Dashboard dials do not reset to zero

Post by elbundlo »

Hi folks,
I have just noticed a rather annoying thing: I have put some effects onto my composition and want to control their opacity via the dashboard, using a MIDI device. I have noticed that one of the dials on the dashboard does not reset to zero. This is probably because I assigned an effect to it, and constrained the opacity parameters for that effect. the thing is that I then didn't like what I saw, and so deleted the effect. The annoying thing is that now I cannot assign anything else to that specific dial on the dashboard, as it seems to have 'remembered' the parameters. Is this a bug, or is there a way to reset this?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Dashboard dials do not reset to zero

Post by Zoltán »

Did you remove all assignments from the dial?
It gets the first param's default, and keeps it until all assignments are removed. Then wen you assign a new param to it, it should get a new default.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

elbundlo
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Dashboard dials do not reset to zero

Post by elbundlo »

Yes I did, but it still lingered on, even when I quit Resolume, which I thought was a bit odd.
That said, I have just turned on again and it all works fine, so just a little glitch somewhere in the matrix...
All good!