Quartz Composer .qtz-files? [fixed]

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
slof
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Quartz Composer .qtz-files? [fixed]

Post by slof »

Hi,

I can't load any .qtz-files in Resolume 3. I've tried to export to .mov and played them in Quicktime player and that works but they just won't work in Resolume. The .mov-files show up in Resolume but seem empty. Quarz Composer .qtz files don't even show up in Resolumes files-menu.

grtz,
Slof.

wuzzle
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Quartz Composer .qtz-files?

Post by wuzzle »

slof wrote:Hi,

I can't load any .qtz-files in Resolume 3. I've tried to export to .mov and played them in Quicktime player and that works but they just won't work in Resolume. The .mov-files show up in Resolume but seem empty. Quarz Composer .qtz files don't even show up in Resolumes files-menu.

grtz,
Slof.
Bart said: "In the first coming Avenue release you will be able to play Quartz compositions by exporting them as quicktime movies. We are very excited about generative content so we will add native support for .qtz-files and manipulating the exposed parameters in the (not so distant) future."
VJ Wuzzle
Shakti Collective - Toronto, Canada

edwin
Team Resolume

Re: Quartz Composer .qtz-files?

Post by edwin »

Yes what Bart said is correct of course, and it actually did work. But we hadn't tested it for a while and a simple error prevents it from working. But i just made a small change and it's working now.
So thanx for spotting this one.
Support for native .qtz files will have to wait a while because we have some other priorities but it's definitely on our wish list.